ADVERTISEMENT

My Favorite Greg Schiano Story

how about the story where he quit on us right before signing day, took a large number of our coaches with him, and started the whole downward spiral. and now we hail him as the savior. Only in NJ
Really? How prideful you must feel... all-time low-life post.

I forget the year, but I'm inclined to think it was '04.

After a particularly sour loss, I wrote a piece on TOS that was critical of Greg (and to a lesser extent, Bob). It wasn't a hit piece, it was really just a reflection of the mood of the fan base at that point in time, in the context of "if the program is going to move forward then blah blah blah".

Greg hit the roof. He told Joe Susan to call John O. and have the piece pulled from the web site, otherwise ScarletNation's then-fledgling press access to the program would be unceremoniously yanked.

Joe Susan called John, who then called me, related the story and told me he was pulling the piece.

In the words of the great Ray Liotta, "Just like that. That's how fast it takes for a guy to get whacked."

After a particularly sour loss, I wrote a piece on TOS that was critical of Greg (and to a lesser extent, Bob). It wasn't a hit piece, it was really just a reflection of the mood of the fan base at that point in time, in the context of "if the program is going to move forward then blah blah blah".

Greg hit the roof. He told Joe Susan to call John O. and have the piece pulled from the web site, otherwise ScarletNation's then-fledgling press access to the program would be unceremoniously yanked.

Joe Susan called John, who then called me, related the story and told me he was pulling the piece.

In the words of the great Ray Liotta, "Just like that. That's how fast it takes for a guy to get whacked."
You just didn’t like him because he wasn’t an Audi man and drank bad bourbon.,.

yawn

olymp-300x200.jpg

Can't top the OP. Love that story. I was always impressed by Schiano's involvement with Special Olympics going back to 2007. This picture of LeGrand and Sanu is from 2010. That year Schiano brought 24 Knights out in the off season to support the kids. He was clearly much more the a football coach in preparing his players to handle life ahead while inspiring others.

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/ru...nights-on-hand-for-special-olympics-ceremony/

The part in bold sounds about right.

Oh look at me! Let me tell you how many things I did. What a turd!

ADVERTISEMENT