ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Johnson Grad Year

Stanford maybe a bubble team at best and P12 is a far weaker conference. Stanford pulled his scholarship when he got hurt out of high school. Don’t know why half of you seem to root for RU to fail but there’s a few reasons not to go there.

They are 14-9 with 3 games left and 2 games are very winnable. P12 is a weaker conference but they are in a similar situation with our team. Don't worry because I share an office with a Stanford grad. He didn't know their record either. He only pays attention to basketball if they have an awesome team (the Lopez twins years).

Like most posters, I want Myles back badly but I really can't blame him for choosing any of the 4 P12 schools in CA. (If he chooses Cal, he obviously cares more about his engineering career than being on a winning team.)

This board loves a good self defeating attitude. I heard the same thing when cliff was considering Arizona state. Myles resume is going to be outstanding no matter what school he attends. He has a great thing going here. If RU beat Maryland on Saturday the tune would be different.

I know their record and I know their seeding projections, as I do for Rutgers. We’re currently a consensus 8 seed on Bracket Matrix. Stanford is currently out. Wachtel has them out. Lunardi has them out. Palm has them out.

I can go on but as of now Stanford is below Rutgers and on the wrong side of the bubble, largely because P12 is weaker.

If you know this, you would know that the team will likely finish 16-10. Do you think that the selection committee will leave them out? I agree that B1G is a stronger conference but P12 is still a power 5.

In short, they may be on the bubble now but I just can't see them being left out with a 16-10 record. In addition, they will probably win the first game in their conference tournament.

Once again, I really hope Myles stays but Stanford is not a bad option from a basketball standpoint. However, Cal is.

BTW, Beat Nebraska!

Reactions: GORU2014
Meh, I turned down Princeton and MIT to go to RU eng'g. I disliked the snootiness of Princeton and thought MIT was just too geeky. Turned out ok for me. Sometimes there are factors that aren't obvious. I also happen to know the student dean who hosted Myles on his visit to RU (the one who speaks Japanese) and she is still a mentor to him and has said how much he loves the eng'g school at RU, including the freedom and support he has had to start up his BLKDev effort to encourage minority youth to take up STEM. So it might not be a no-brainer folks.

Meh, I turned down Princeton and MIT to go to RU eng'g. I disliked the snootiness of Princeton and thought MIT was just too geeky. Turned out ok for me. Sometimes there are factors that aren't obvious. I also happen to know the student dean who hosted Myles on his visit to RU (the one who speaks Japanese) and she is still a mentor to him and has said how much he loves the eng'g school at RU, including the freedom and support he has had to start up his BLKDev effort to encourage minority youth to take up STEM. So it might not be a no-brainer folks.
My source "thinks" that Myles is staying, as he applied for and was accepted into the RU grad school for eng'g. Young adults can always change their minds though, so I wouldn't take this as gospel, but she's fairly well plugged in on this.

Myles will likely stay at Rutgers if we are in the NCAA Tournament this year.
Remember what Jimmy Jackson said during a broadcast of
one of our games a couple of weeks ago -- 'There's always
a place for what he brings to the table in the NBA' Not impossible

I turned down Harvard to get a Masters in Clinical Psychology at Ball State University. Why? Actual research experience vs. classroom bullshi*.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT