ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Johnson Week

Myles has BIG time potential for the next two seasons. Hope we try to feed him the ball more especially early season to develop his confidence and he's working on his FTs.

Reactions: Scarlet83
giphy.gif

The self doubt has to go. He's a different player when he's confident.
Needs to add a post move where he's dropping his right foot & shoulder.
He was our MVP during a stretch in the middle of the season.
He could become the best big in the conference in the next 2 years.

Reactions: MV9000
The self doubt has to go. He's a different player when he's confident.
Needs to add a post move where he's dropping his right foot & shoulder.
He was our MVP during a stretch in the middle of the season.
He could become the best big in the conference in the next 2 years.

I understand his potential for foul trouble but I never understood why his play time seemed limited even when he wasn’t in foul trouble. We were an entirely different team when he was on the court.

Last years most valuable player ...not kidding

Need to pay attention to the score differential in the last 12 minutes of games when he was in there versus when he wasn’t ...his defense is beyond outstanding, including his help D

Myles is an old school type center to me. He is strictly a low post guy offensively and I don't see him developing a mid-range shot, so that limits him. However, he has great hands, good shot blocking, good passing, and very good help defense. He and the guards showed great improvement avoiding moving picks on the pick and roll as well. Just needs to get even stronger and continue developing three or four go-to low post moves. Obviously a key to RU's success when play resumes.

The best defense is a good offense. Feed Myles the ball early and get the other guy in foul trouble.

The best defense is a good offense. Feed Myles the ball early and get the other guy in foul trouble.

Hope we incorporate Cliff O. occasionally for a twin towers look! Meanwhile I want, Geo, Jacob, Caleb, Montez, Paul and RHJ at the same time: and yes I realize that would mean we have 8 players on the court...time to shake things up!

MO

Myles has BIG time potential for the next two seasons. Hope we try to feed him the ball more especially early season to develop his confidence and he's working on his FTs.
Needs to get FT % up to 60% for us to feed him the ball more. Otherwise, it will be hack-a-Myles.

Reactions: JQRU91
Crazy we have him for 2 more years.. The b10 will have problems dealing with if he keeps working
just a little bit stronger in the legs and butt.. in his base... and he will be a monster. If he doesn't need the arms to claim/protect his space because his legs are strong enough to do it.. wow.. fewer fouls.. more boards, more tips, more baskets more frustration fouls from opponents.. he'd need to make his FTs too.

Pretty psyched for our 1-2 punch at Center with Myles & Cliff.

Trying to think of the last time we had 2 Centers with that talent level, any thoughts??

I just read the writeup about him on scarletknights.com. He's amazing off the court as well as on it. He's doing very well as an engineering major, is very engaged in RU's student athlete social action organization, and - he speaks Japanese!

What a great representative of RU and of the B1G, where he has gained additional recognition.

Pike seems to know how to recruit good players who are also fine young men.

ADVERTISEMENT