ADVERTISEMENT

Myles

rudad02

All American
Nov 7, 2010
IMO Myles has been our best player on the court for the last couple of games. Playing strong & aggressively & loose. Due IMO to the refs getting their knees off of his neck, thanks in large measure to Steve Bardo blowing the whistle on them in public. Took a lot of guts. Thank you Steve.

IMO Myles has been our best player on the court for the last couple of games. Playing strong & aggressively & loose. Due IMO to the refs getting their knees off of his neck, thanks in large measure to Steve Bardo blowing the whistle on them in public. Took a lot of guts. Thank you Steve.

The best thing that will happen to Myles is cliff coming back so he doesn’t have to play so careful. 24 good minutes of Myles is exactly what this team needs, especially so that he can be fresh the last 6 minutes of the game with 3 fouls or less.

The best thing that will happen to Myles is cliff coming back so he doesn’t have to play so careful. 24 good minutes of Myles is exactly what this team needs, especially so that he can be fresh the last 6 minutes of the game with 3 fouls or less.
I would almost rather see Myles play aggressively to the point where we can almost not care if he fouls out. In a tight game near the end, his free throw shooting could kill us. Cliff seems to have a better form at the line, so we might be more comfortable with him In there down the stretch

I would almost rather see Myles play aggressively to the point where we can almost not care if he fouls out. In a tight game near the end, his free throw shooting could kill us. Cliff seems to have a better form at the line, so we might be more comfortable with him In there down the stretch
You have to be kidding me , Myles is probably our most valuable player , as he has become a legitimate rim protector and not just blocked shots but many altered shots especially when our guards get beat. He also is our best rebounder , that snatches defensive rebounds and starts the break. Offensively, on rebounds , I wish he took it back up , rather than dish back out like he normally does, but he is our best offensive rebounder as well. Watch the Iowa game again. Yes , Michigan State hurt with his 0 for 7 but was not the only reason we lost that game.

I think the addition of Cliff and how it allows Myles plays will translate in to us getting back to Rutgers basketball and I think our “slump” is coming to an end.
Agreed. We got back to stifling defense and voracious rebounding against a very good WI team and if we had even just shot "badly" instead of "apocalyptically badly" we would've won that game. But that's talk - we have to start winning again and PSU on the road is a must win for me.

if he cannot make free throws, he is a liability on offense the last few minutes. He missed a key one and one the other night. Not to mention in any late game situation even if he has the ball in a shooting position for a layup he will defer and pass the ball back out. Of course he brings tremendous impact on defense so pick your tradeoff.

Agreed. We got back to stifling defense and voracious rebounding against a very good WI team and if we had even just shot "badly" instead of "apocalyptically badly" we would've won that game. But that's talk - we have to start winning again and PSU on the road is a must win for me.
Or else the next game will be even more of a must-win game than it already is? 😉

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
if he cannot make free throws, he is a liability on offense the last few minutes. He missed a key one and one the other night. Not to mention in any late game situation even if he has the ball in a shooting position for a layup he will defer and pass the ball back out. Of course he brings tremendous impact on defense so pick your tradeoff.

I (we all) wish he would finish like authority like he did in the last game.

In practice, they should feed him inside and have him go up and dunk it after a middle-schooler jumps on his back (or something like that).

Embrace the physical contact and push through it.
Kind of like refusing to be blocked in football.
Refuse to let someone stop you from slamming it home.
Just go right through their extended arms and play like they stole your lunch money.

Actually, no, because if we lose at PSU, Pike has said we will be leaving the B1G and making men's hoops into an intramural team, where everyone gets a trophy, just for participation.
Oh... Well, okay then.

BAC, we don’t feed him enough in the post. Maybe if we did , the other team’s big men would foul out or be in foul trouble that eliminates them as an offensive threat. If Myles got Liddell or Garza in foul trouble maybe they do not score as much. Plus early fouls get us into the bonus quicker as we have gotten out shot at the line by more than 10 -15 shots per game because we are not drawing enough fouls. We have enough firepower to overcome Myles misses , if Ron and Geo and Jacob and Tez get to the line more often. If Myles can draw 2-3 early fouls per half , that is one step closer to the bonus.

ADVERTISEMENT