ADVERTISEMENT

N.J. Max Melton to Announce July 16th.Its Purdue

Losing solid players who are legacies of Rutgers to Purdue of all places would be pretty bad.
Purdue is a good school.. "hot" coach... and who knows how Bo Melton feels about his time here.. different OCs.. defensive coach as head coach... which may help since Max is a DB.

Reactions: RUhobbit
1. great location.
2. beautiful campus.
3.wanted to get away for school.

4.great academics.
5.didn't qualify grade wise for RU.
6.didn't have his major at RU.
7. second cousins third brother once went to this school.

I’ve got a bad feeling here. Purdue seems like the odds-on favorite for what should have been a slam-dunk solid recruit. Ugh. I still hold out hope Ash can turn the tide this year via results w a decently stocked team. Obviously he’s not a good recruiter...

I don't think this applies nowadays...kids are encouraged to be their own person and make their own path

A number of examples of other schools alumni who's sons or brothers went to play football at rivals. My favorites are the fathers who played at either Ohio State or Michigan and their sons went to play at the other. The notion that he's a legacy and has to play for his father or brother's school or doomsday, is an over-rated and tired topic.

If younger Melton selects Purdue, its a great school that will provide an excellent academic and football opportunity under Brohm, and I wish the kid nothing but success. As for Rutgers, there are talented high school CBs (or WRs) out there that have not yet committed. This one has no reflection on recruiting woes.

A number of examples of other schools alumni who's sons or brothers went to play football at rivals. My favorites are the fathers who played at either Ohio State or Michigan and their sons went to play at the other. The notion that he's a legacy and has to play for his father or brother's school or doomsday, is an over-rated and tired topic.

If younger Melton selects Purdue, its a great school that will provide an excellent academic and football opportunity under Brohm, and I wish the kid nothing but success. As for Rutgers, there are talented high school CBs (or WRs) out there that have not yet committed. This one has no reflection on recruiting woes.
Ash doesn't have a single top 20 NJ kid committed. According to 247 composite, Temple, Pitt, BC, WV, VT and Maryland do though. Melton could be the 3rd top 30 NJ kid to go to Purdue. Rutgers has 1 top 30 NJ kid currently committed. 1!

Ash doesn't have a single top 20 NJ kid committed. According to 247 composite, Temple, Pitt, BC, WV, VT and Maryland do though. Melton could be the 3rd top 30 NJ kid to go to Purdue. Rutgers has 1 top 30 NJ kid currently committed. 1!

You're attempting to make my post into a larger issue of which it's not. I make no mention of NJ recruiting success or failure. Rutgers is no different than any other school in reference to legacies. You win some (the Young brothers) and you lose some. There's no reference to geography or recruiting rankings in my post. Melton is not going to change rankings (National or NJ) regardless of whether he attends or not. Yes, NJ kids (athletes and students) like to go outside of state of which we see in other states as well.

"no reflection on recruiting woes"
thats some spin after you admit Ash sub B10 recruiting levels.

You're attempting to make my post into a larger issue of which it's not. I make no mention of NJ recruiting success or failure. Rutgers is no different than any other school in reference to legacies. You win some (the Young brothers) and you lose some. There's no reference to geography or recruiting rankings in my post. Melton is not going to change rankings (National or NJ) regardless of whether he attends or not. Yes, NJ kids (athletes and students) like to go outside of state of which we see in other states as well.
My point is looking at recruiting as a whole, it is a reflection on recruiting woes. It's a microcosm of the current situation in recruiting for Ash. Multiple instances of "NJ kids like going out of state" and "all programs lose legacies" equals 0 top 20 NJ recruits and a national recruiting ranking of a G5 program.

Reactions: BlockR
The only spin here is your crap thread after thread
or the crap excuse makers like you continue with while the program under Hobbs/Ash is one of worst power 5 programs in nation.Keep spinning those excuses,that will help to right the ship.

Reactions: Local Shill
My point is looking at recruiting as a whole, it is a reflection on recruiting woes. It's a microcosm of the current situation in recruiting for Ash. Multiple instances of "NJ kids like going out of state" and "all programs lose legacies" equals 0 top 20 NJ recruits and a national recruiting ranking of a G5 program.

And my point is solely related to 1 legacy who's not going to make or break the 2020 class. Yes, 1-11 is not going to inspire confidence in recruits regardless of location, followed by 3 prior miserable seasons.

or the crap excuse makers like you continue with while the program under Hobbs/Ash is one of worst power 5 programs in nation.Keep spinning those excuses,that will help to right the ship.

As if your morbid posts in every thread is going to make any difference whatsoever.

Reactions: RUonBrain
If we don't get him, is it really the end of the world? We already have 536 WRs on the roster. Seems like there are bigger positions or need in a low scholarship year to be concerned about.

Somewhere between 'the end of the world' and 'next!' is your answer. So, the cupboard may be slightly less bare for the next HC, than it was for Ash.

Lulz. Easy ther little Snowflake. You are nothing but a one trick pony pathetic whiney little bitch on this board and everyone knows it.
and you can take your 5 year old insults a suck on them ahole.

Last edited:
So, how does Bo Melton feel about his time here?
why ask me? I just wondered that myself.

But here's a thought I had while Flood kept throwing a struggling Nova out there.. what WR would want to come to Rutgers to play with that QB in that offense?

We desperately need more success.. something, anything that can be sold to recruits. Catch 22

Payton Manning blew of his sad’s Alma mater. And would have been the # 1 pick no matter where he went. How good Ole Miss lose out to Tenn? Uh. Because on an asshole should force their kid to go to a school he doesn’t want to if it’s a full ride and they actually care about their kid.

If we don't get him, is it really the end of the world? We already have 536 WRs on the roster. Seems like there are bigger positions or need in a low scholarship year to be concerned about.

Put all 536 in at once, maybe one of them will get open

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT