ADVERTISEMENT

N.J. Max Melton to Announce July 16th.Its Purdue

EminentYearlyCardinal-size_restricted.gif

from purdue site
The three-star Rivals.com athlete from South Jersey will play cornerback for the Boilermakers, adding a significant infusion of speed to the position.

The 6-foot, 165-pounder from Cedar Creek High School in Egg Harbor City chose Purdue over Rutgers, to which he has family ties, as well as offers from Boston College, Temple and others and continued interest from Penn State, among others.

Melton, a winner of multiple track titles in New Jersey who's run as fast as 6.49 in the 55-meter dash, drew offers as a wide receiver, too, but Purdue targeted him solely for defense, with the possibility of a role with kick returns

"no reflection on recruiting woes"
thats some spin after you admit Ash sub B10 recruiting levels.
Maybe it is time to admit that the current staff is recruiting on a level rivaling the Shea Era. Moving to the Big ten was supposed to help recruiting but all it has done is helped our B1G compatriots.

Let’s just say Rutgers recruited him enough. I think they want Powell really bad. Powell is a very physical DB. A straight up dawg on the field. They get him and this is nothing. I want Powell. Max is just learning the position and Purdue is the perfect fit for him. Good luck bro. Now Ash get Powell!!!!!!!!

Reactions: RUonBrain
We are better off not even pursuing legacies anymore. We have no stain. Except for the mess we have left on the fields of the B1G.

We are better off not even pursuing legacies anymore. We have no stain. Except for the mess we have left on the fields of the B1G.
We got the better legacy and ya’ll complain about his production. What makes you think he will be good. You need physical big ten players out there in this division. Purdue is in the easiest division. We line up against NFL guys every week. You go get them players from anywhere especially Florida. He’s landing kids with similar offers from P-5 programs. Do you remember when a kid picked Miami Ohio University over us? That’s not happening anymore. Ash and this coaching staff need to win. I know that but to downplay the talent he’s brought in is ridiculous. Compared to OSU, PSU, and Michigan, I see your point but anybody else in our division or region, it’s on par.

One more season then we can begin the four year plus process to relevancy again. Settle in folks, it’s a long road ahead.

Reactions: newell138
We got the better legacy and ya’ll complain about his production. What makes you think he will be good. You need physical big ten players out there in this division. Purdue is in the easiest division. We line up against NFL guys every week. You go get them players from anywhere especially Florida. He’s landing kids with similar offers from P-5 programs. Do you remember when a kid picked Miami Ohio University over us? That’s not happening anymore. Ash and this coaching staff need to win. I know that but to downplay the talent he’s brought in is ridiculous. Compared to OSU, PSU, and Michigan, I see your point but anybody else in our division or region, it’s on par.

Is this true, or is this tongue in cheek?

God knows I'm not an Ash fan, but this is not something to get your panties in a knot over.

Reactions: RU2055
Maybe the staffs fault but when Bo was recruited I thought he was the real deal. I expected another 4+ years of "Bo Knows" fill in the blank. So far Bo only seems to know the bench. Little bro is a 3 star recruit at a position I thought we had options. Then again the program is so bare 3 stars looks good at this point. NEXT!

I’ve got a bad feeling here. Purdue seems like the odds-on favorite for what should have been a slam-dunk solid recruit. Ugh. I still hold out hope Ash can turn the tide this year via results w a decently stocked team. Obviously he’s not a good recruiter...
Usually someone with the personality of a tree stump is not a good recruiter

Maybe the staffs fault but when Bo was recruited I thought he was the real deal. I expected another 4+ years of "Bo Knows" fill in the blank. So far Bo only seems to know the bench. Little bro is a 3 star recruit at a position I thought we had options. Then again the program is so bare 3 stars looks good at this point. NEXT!
"So far Bo only seems to know the bench"? Have you been watching games the past 2 seasons? He has probably gotten more snaps at WR than anyone. The production hasn't been as expected but it has nothing to do with the bench.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Don't put facts in the mix with @BlockR, he will deny them and claim the earth is flat because you are ruining his agenda.
Take the fact that Ash is a disaster,is on a 11 game losing streak,is trashing the program and try and spin it please.
Hes horrible and should have been fired last year.

Pacheco What the hell are you talking about? My point was that we cannot win the battles for guys who we should have an advantage with because their daddy their uncle or their brother played or currently play here.U wasn't talking about talent level

#1 this goes back to the same thing a good QB 4 or 5 star no make believes will get this bus moving look at the buzz when Wise and the other guy from Texas were here.Fine just one super star and camp on his front porch until they sign

Don't know if this kid will turn out to be good or not but you'd think with a brother on the team we would have an advantage or maybe it works the opposite way in some cases. It just doesn't look good. Makes you wonder if Bo is telling his bro you might want to consider someplace else

Reactions: RURM85 and BlockR
If this were a singular incident, I would not be too upset about it but it just seems that we rarely win battles against other P5 schools anymore". And now it is a bunch of schools that were at the bottom of the pile and not the traditional schools that we used to lose them to.
Maybe this one is not all on Ash for losing him but on Brohm for winning him. A team that averaged 2 wins in the 4 seasons prior to him getting there vs a team that averaged 7 winds per season in the previous 4 and only had 2 regular season losing records in that previous 11 years. One team had a first year turn around and the other team is on year 4 of a 6 or 10 year turn around.
It all makes a lot of sense to me.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
#1 this goes back to the same thing a good QB 4 or 5 star no make believes will get this bus moving look at the buzz when Wise and the other guy from Texas were here.Fine just one super star and camp on his front porch until they sign
You'd have to camp on their porch until December, which is a long time. What if you have to go to the bathroom?

That’s the right response.

Ash Zero for Top 20 NJ Recruits in 2020
Ash ONE for Top 20 NJ Recruits in 2019.
That’s the path to build a B1G program.
There is still plenty of talent on this team to win 5 or 6 games with proper coaching. He wins some games and then the recruiting will improve, another 0/1 wins in the B1G and he is still here, then don't expect the recruiting to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT