ADVERTISEMENT

N.J. Max Melton to Announce July 16th.Its Purdue

Don't know if this kid will turn out to be good or not but you'd think with a brother on the team we would have an advantage or maybe it works the opposite way in some cases. It just doesn't look good. Makes you wonder if Bo is telling his bro you might want to consider someplace else

Think with some kids it would be an advantage, others not a significant factor. and in some cases a disadvantage due to familarity That's why I hate to generalize that a legacy is a must get for any school.
In this case with Melton, if I had to venture a guess Purdue/Brohm made him a priority get from the start of his recruitment and out-worked Rutgers for the commitment, some of which had to do with his position situation, as well as, the small class for Rutgers. I believe initially Rutgers was recruiting the kid as a WR with 1 available spot and kids that were higher on the board vs. Melton playing CB.

Reactions: dbaguy and RUaMoose
There is still plenty of talent on this team to win 5 or 6 games with proper coaching. He wins some games and then the recruiting will improve, another 0/1 wins in the B1G and he is still here, then don't expect the recruiting to improve.
There is enough talent on the team to win 5 or 6 this year, 4-6 last year, 5-7 the year before and 4-7 the year before that...
Just saying
Do we think that Purdue was stacked with top talent and that is why they went bowling the last 2 years after being horrible for the 4 years prior to Brohm?

Don't know if this kid will turn out to be good or not but you'd think with a brother on the team we would have an advantage or maybe it works the opposite way in some cases. It just doesn't look good. Makes you wonder if Bo is telling his bro you might want to consider someplace else

The parents and Bo were pushing hard for him to commit to RU. He likes to do his own thing which is why he opted for Purdue. This is no different than Peyton Manning going to Tennessee over Ole Miss. Sometimes kids want to have their own experience elsewhere instead of following in someone's footsteps.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU and RUaMoose
The parents and Bo were pushing hard for him to commit to RU. He likes to do his own thing which is why he opted for Perdue. This is no different than Peyton Manning going to Tennessee over Ole Miss. Sometimes kids want to have their own experience elsewhere instead of following in someone's footsteps.
thats pretty much right up there with the beautiful campus,didnt have his major,didnt have grades for RU excuses.

Very sad but not surprising Ash lost the recruiting battle.

That being said, I am happy he chose Purdue. Nothing on his tape is exciting and I think we'll wind up with a better player in that position. Not sour grapes, just reality.

If this were a singular incident, I would not be too upset about it but it just seems that we rarely win battles against other P5 schools anymore".

This is simply not true. Sure recruiting can improve, but I continue to repeat, it is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

From last year:

Aaron Young: MSU and a host of P5 schools
KayRon Adams: Iowa
Donald Williams: West Virginia, Maryland
Stanley King: Louisville, Boston College
Mo Toure: Boston College
Isaiah Washington: Purdue, Duke, NC State, Nebraska, Boston College
Devin Baldwin: Virginia, Iowa State
TJ Robinson: Minny, Louisville
Malachi Burby: Wake Forest
CJ Hanson: Syracuse, Virginia
Darius Gooden: Kentucky, North Carolina

Reactions: TRU2RU
and the mods dont repeat the RU spin from the staff?
ok!
want to buy a bridge?

You're ignorant agenda was one of the reasons I went to a premium subscription. You are basically wrong 90% of the time but keep on believing what you want. The ignorant are always the smartest people they know.

You're ignorant agenda was one of the reasons I went to a premium subscription. You are basically wrong 90% of the time but keep on believing what you want. The ignorant are always the smartest people they know.
cool story Bro!.have a nice day Loser, and make sure you keep those kids off your lawn!

This is simply not true. Sure recruiting can improve, but I continue to repeat, it is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

From last year:

Aaron Young: MSU and a host of P5 schools
KayRon Adams: Iowa
Donald Williams: West Virginia, Maryland
Stanley King: Louisville, Boston College
Mo Toure: Boston College
Isaiah Washington: Purdue, Duke, NC State, Nebraska, Boston College
Devin Baldwin: Virginia, Iowa State
TJ Robinson: Minny, Louisville
Malachi Burby: Wake Forest
CJ Hanson: Syracuse, Virginia
Darius Gooden: Kentucky, North Carolina
I don't see Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, etc in that group. How are we supposed to not just make it to the playoffs, but win a championship and establish a dynasty if we don't out recruit those types of programs every year? Ash has really let the fans down, awful, just awful.

I don't see Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, etc in that group. How are we supposed to not just make it to the playoffs, but win a championship and establish a dynasty if we don't out recruit those types of programs every year? Ash has really let the fans down, awful, just awful.

Serious answer - I have my doubts whether Ash would ever get Rutgers to become Ohio State. But I am fairly confident he will get Rutgers to be middle of the pack 500 type team - I believe we win 5-6 games this year. If not, then I'm wrong and he should be fired.

Reactions: BlockR

You are an expert on ignorance.

My memory can be bad but Rutgers football has had bad success with both recruiting legacy players and on the field performance of such. Though perhaps a stretch RU hoops will claim two this year alone
in Ron Harper Jr. (though Dad didn't attend RU he was a famous pro) and (Paul Mulcahy- though grandpa was AD and not an athlete per session.

ADVERTISEMENT