ADVERTISEMENT

Naas Cunningham (#1 ESPN 2024) makes NFT in Rutgers jersey

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
ESPN class of 2024 #1 player Naas Cunningham (NJ) is selling an NFT - and while this itself could be a thread all on its own, the point I want to make is it’s a pic of him in a Rutgers jersey (of course with “Rutgers” and B1G logo removed for licensing) … the idea of NFTs is that you get something that has tangible value for the future - if he’s making one, you would think it would be in the jersey of wherever he thinks he’ll be in a few years … not trying to go too “orange shoes theory” here but it’s something interesting …

I mean, I do think Scarlet Dave is correct that looks like a Scarlet Knights jersey.
Look at the 3 on Mags chest. Same font. You can see the stripe on the side to lines up. Also it doesn’t seem to match up with any of the bigger red schools I checked (Ohio State, MD, Texas Tech, Nebraska, St John’s).
Although not sure it means much.
Rivals says his only OVs were Duke, UCONN and us (twice). So Maybe his picture from our OV was just easier to
Modify / more convenient / thought he looked the best / whatever.

Or maybe the crazy stretch theory is that he is testing his NIL potential through a teaser NFT in different Markets, To see what he can get for it? Still I’m not ready to get stoked for his verbal here.

I mean if you look at the whole pic, his name forms the vertical part of the R letter, then the consensus part forms the half circle of the R and his body completes the letter.

it’s a sign folks. Plain as day……

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Guess I'm showing my age, but what in the world is an "NFT"?

ESPN class of 2024 #1 player Naas Cunningham (NJ) is selling an NFT - and while this itself could be a thread all on its own, the point I want to make is it’s a pic of him in a Rutgers jersey (of course with “Rutgers” and B1G logo removed for licensing) … the idea of NFTs is that you get something that has tangible value for the future - if he’s making one, you would think it would be in the jersey of wherever he thinks he’ll be in a few years … not trying to go too “orange shoes theory” here but it’s something interesting …

Looks like he’s headed to Wisconsin . . . . or Indiana . . . . .or Nebraska . . . . . or NC State . . . or Stanford . . . . or . . . . . . . .

Its 100% our uni.
Look at the 3rd pick from the photo shoot he did during his OV last fall.
That’s the pic….

Still I’m only giving it a 1% chance of there being any meaning to it. My guess is it was an easy pic for him to modify into the NFT.
So the OP was right and the usual suspects trashed him for no reason. Sounds about right.

I'm not an NFT expert but it looks like the pic in the red (RU) jersey is only a promotion for the nft, not the actual nft. The VerifiedInk website shows the actual NFTs and there are several versions, all with Naas performing in a "knights" white jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT