ADVERTISEMENT

National Men’s Semi and Finals

Agree - also biased opinion they need to set a midwestern regional location each year.

While the game is still strongly focused in the Mid-Atlantic the rest of the country has found lacrosse in a big way and it’s growing with some new hotbeds. The NCAA does it a disservice with their lack of foresight.

Quarterfinals, yes. But I believe they drew 33,000 in Philly yesterday, and over 40k in Baltimore in the past. Final Four stays in the East. Travel expenses to Cali might be prohibitive, but Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas would be possible.

Quarterfinals, yes. But I believe they drew 33,000 in Philly yesterday, and over 40k in Baltimore in the past. Final Four stays in the East. Travel expenses to Cali might be prohibitive, but Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas would be possible.

Oh I agree 100%. When watching UM vs UMD earlier this year the commentators talked about all the UM fans who traveled to watch and I got a chuckle because most of their players are from the Mid-Atlantic.

Didn’t post yesterday.

Sport needs to be better. Gotta review those goals.

It was not even close. Half his foot was in the crease…not debatable

The sport is behind the times and it was a bad look yesterday.

With that said, couldn’t help but think about last year and RU making it to championship weekend. What a memory

As I said in post #20, ND owes Yale a big thank you.

Tevlin scores the 1st goal, switches to a long pole for man down and then plays 2nd midfield with a short stick. Fake shuts down O'Neill. Never before has one school provided so much to another through the grad portal.

Reactions: Wagram97
Notre Dinero’s assistant coach is Westfield NJ native Chris Wojcik, a pretty damn good athlete in his playing days.
Also, interesting that the 4 NJ athletes on the roster are all Graduate Students.

Tevlin scores the 1st goal, switches to a long pole for man down and then plays 2nd midfield with a short stick. Fake shuts down O'Neill. Never before has one school provided so much to another through the grad portal.

Yeah that's the only reason we won the National Championship----the transfer portal.

Just a heads up----we had 6 guys with 2 goals-----we won over 60 % of the Faceoffs and Ground Balls weren't close.

Duke had a bunch of portal guys too.

We were better than them----that's why we beat them.

Not gonna say ND didn’t belong at all - they earned it on the field…BUT the ACC needs to add another team to get a conference tournament.

Yeah that's the only reason we won the National Championship----the transfer portal.

Just a heads up----we had 6 guys with 2 goals-----we won over 60 % of the Faceoffs and Ground Balls weren't close.

Duke had a bunch of portal guys too.

We were better than them----that's why we beat them.

You think a 2nd team AA and a 3rd team AA didn't make a difference? You think Tevlin's winning goal in OT in the semi didn't make a difference? Beyond the 2 goals in the final he switched to a long pole and ran the man down unit. And then went back to short stick. Fake held O'Neill GOALLESS in even situations. His only goals were on man-up. None of Duke's grad transfers performed at that level. Yes, you were the better team, and they were the reason why!

A ton better at Goalie and we win the FO and the GB battle easily .

Our Goalie is not a Grad Transfer-----either are the Kav Bros----nor Dobson

You think we're even in Philly without them ?

Tevlin had a great weekend----terrific kid------fit in nicely. But the reality is those guys got us there.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Not a ton----trying build a Fund. Brady Quinn is in charge of the effort.

Word I've heard is that we struggle with undergrad transfers as they are losing too many credits transferring. Who needs that ?

As to Grad Transfers we do not take a guy and let him take undergrad courses. You have to get admitted into one of the grad schools. That isn't the case at many places.

To me the most amazing thing in the Final was that Chaminade HS from LI had 11 count em 11 guys on the field between the 2 teams.

Hard to fathom.
Chaminade is local to me. Get the best players from my town and many others in our area. Father of one of the girls on my daughters club team went there and then on to Duke (All American). Real powerhouse school.

ND is getting the headlines but I’m not impressed with their haul so far this year outside of the Brown kid. He’s legit. None are at the level of the guys they got last year.

ND is getting the headlines but I’m not impressed with their haul so far this year outside of the Brown kid. He’s legit. None are at the level of the guys they got last year.

Lot of people seemed excited in getting the Michigan kid.

We really need a LSM and a solid defender.

He’s decent but not great. Wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t get much run there.

He’s not the prototype that ND usually recruits at that spot. I’d certainly take him on our team but he’s not a game breaker type talent.

He was better as a frosh than he was this year.

We have alot of guys coming back who can score----Kav Bros , Dobson , Taylor.

Our biggest losses are on Defense and obviously in the Net.

Wouldn’t be shocked if you got a goalie xfer. That’s the biggest need you have.

Wouldn’t count on the Maryland xfer. He couldn’t get sun at Yale or Maryland. Doubt he gets time at ND

Wouldn’t be shocked if you got a goalie xfer. That’s the biggest need you have.

Wouldn’t count on the Maryland xfer. He couldn’t get sun at Yale or Maryland. Doubt he gets time at ND
Entenmann is returning to ND next season.

That would be huge for them.

I can’t see any transfers having the impact those Yale kids had though. I’ll say it again. Tbh run don’t win the NC without them. No way.

Hey. Give ND credit man. They finally got it done and the earned it. Congrats!

Last year, they did NOT deserve to be in the field…period. Hopefully the whining will stop now…it’s embarrassing and tiresome…last year they lost to all the good teams they played and the ACC sucked…

They were great this year and earned it…

Congrats to them. Like all the teams in the ACC, Big Ten, and Big East, they have benefited greatly from the post grad/Covid year transfers….but IMO that takes nothing away from it…

Rutgers benefited greatly the last few years…as did MD, GTown, UVA, ND, Denver and so on….

This has hurt the Ivy’s and more so the PL…they can’t take 5th year guys…it’s created competitive imbalance between the top two conferences and the rest

This is the last summer of the grad transfer markets driven by Covid. It will taper off greatly….transfer impacts will drop off big time next summer. Be ready…it will get back to a more new normal…which will be good for the sport.

On another note…hey @Caliknight …we got a big golf match coming up here in a couple weeks. See you in LA…

Me and you vs the Kamish boys…I hate to say this but they’re getting very good. You better be on your game 🤩😉😁

Reactions: Caliknight
I love ya but I’ve already lined up a partner lol!

I won’t be touching my clubs for four weeks before I see you guys. You don’t want me as your partner! Will be a great time. Course may be a little chewed up due to all the play the two weeks prior with everyone in town for the US Open but it will still be great. You’re going to love it. It’s a great track. I’ll send details as we get closer.

Hey. Give ND credit man. They finally got it done and the earned it. Congrats!

Last year, they did NOT deserve to be in the field…period. Hopefully the whining will stop now…it’s embarrassing and tiresome…last year they lost to all the good teams they played and the ACC sucked…

They were great this year and earned it…

Congrats to them. Like all the teams in the ACC, Big Ten, and Big East, they have benefited greatly from the post grad/Covid year transfers….but IMO that takes nothing away from it…

Rutgers benefited greatly the last few years…as did MD, GTown, UVA, ND, Denver and so on….

This has hurt the Ivy’s and more so the PL…they can’t take 5th year guys…it’s created competitive imbalance between the top two conferences and the rest

This is the last summer of the grad transfer markets driven by Covid. It will taper off greatly….transfer impacts will drop off big time next summer. Be ready…it will get back to a more new normal…which will be good for the sport.

On another note…hey @Caliknight …we got a big golf match coming up here in a couple weeks. See you in LA…

Me and you vs the Kamish boys…I hate to say this but they’re getting very good. You better be on your game 🤩😉😁

The day the teams were picked we were ranked 6th in the country .

Point out the other time that ever happened.

Bill O’Reilly’s high school.
And Notre Dame’s defensive assistant Ryan Wellner is a Chaminade HS grad and former assistant at Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken NJ‘s Div-III sports powerhouse.
… [iPad hiccup]

ADVERTISEMENT