ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Football vs. Rutgers Football

RUboston

All American
Sep 13, 2002
Fortunately, I have another team I root for. Go Navy! Navy is the opposite of RU. A tale of two totally opposite 4-7 teams. Even though 4-7 they are fun to watch and getting better each week.

Navy starts off the season with a 14-7 loss to FCS Delaware and things look bleak. We start off with a win against BC and things look hopeful. Then the season plays out and the teams head in opposite directions

Navy lost to ND last week 35-32, and should have won if there weren't some bad coaching decisions - an onside kick when not needed and a double reverse WR pass that was not necessary and destined to fail, leading to a ND TD. To his credit, Coach Ken at the post game press conference took the blame and said he let the "kids" down with those two calls. Navy beat No. 17 UCF at UCF today.

RU has lost 37 straight against ranked teams. We lose to middling Nebraska and Iowa teams. Get blown out by not only Ohio State, PSU, and Michigan, but also Minnesota.

No one wants to play Navy at this point. Everyone looks forward to playing RU.

Why the difference? Does Navy have better players? Better coaching? Why can Navy, with an FCS loss, Play ND tough and beat a ranked team today and we're losing by 45 and 31, etc.

Last edited:
Compare Navy schedule to RU, thanks. # of top 5 & top 10 teams RU has played over that stretch vs Navy # of teams ranked 20-25. When we were in the Big East (AAC) we beat teams ranked in the 20s regularly. Navy isn’t even in the Big East AAC, they’re in Conference USA AAC. Let me know what the final scores would be vs #2 and #3 for Navy, thanks

Both Navy and Army are capable of moving the chains on offense. That alone makes them comparable or better than us. We are toothless on offense and impossible to watch and root for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT