ADVERTISEMENT

Naz Reid top 7 -- Rutgers is out

Kids gonna be good. Never really felt good about him coming here(as in our odds). Best of luck to him.

This also based on that list sans Seton Hall he has no intention of stayin local

Not sure why you say that ?

Didn't realize either of those schools were involved: LSU is hardly a speck on the basketball map sans how Ben Simmons played for 1 year after hiring his mentor as a coach. Arizona thinks they are a more elite program then they actually are clinging to the 1 title they won and generally over-hyped every season.

Reactions: Rokodesh
LSU is very much alive and well in this recruitment, I think he lands there....

I think he'll end up at Kentucky. No inside information..just a guess. Never thought RU had a chance. People overrated the fact that him and Bullock are friends. Kid is trying to make it to the NBA and those schools have a better track record than RU.

Interesting that Seton Hall made his Final 7 and St. John's didn't. There was some talks that he was really considering going there. I think Seton Hall is a dark horse

Didn't realize either of those schools were involved: LSU is hardly a speck on the basketball map sans how Ben Simmons played for 1 year after hiring his mentor as a coach. Arizona thinks they are a more elite program then they actually are clinging to the 1 title they won and generally over-hyped every season.
You are nuts with your opinion of Arizona.

I guess Jerry Carino was wrong. He thought that RU would be his choice if he stayed local.

Disappointed and also seeing SHU still on list is a double whammy! Still searching for that lucky break for our program!!

Disappointed and also seeing SHU still on list is a double whammy! Still searching for that lucky break for our program!!

I think that lucky break is Mamadou Doucoure. He plays with the correct level of sustainable energy. Him at the 4, evolving Myles Johnson at the five and you have a decent front court.

Add in Kiss, Baker, and a potential Mathis. You have some kids who will be able to play and compete at a high level.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
You are nuts with your opinion of Arizona.

How so? They recruit very very well but they never do anything in March. Haven't been to a final four since 2001. For a program and fanbase which considers themselves elite they simply are not at that level anymore presently.

How so? They recruit very very well but they never do anything in March. Haven't been to a final four since 2001. For a program and fanbase which considers themselves elite they simply are not at that level anymore presently.
Never do anything in March?

Three Elite Eight appearances in the past seven years doesn't matter? Getting to the Elite Eight is a pretty significant accomplishment. I mean the word "Elite" is in Elite Eight. At one point they went to the NCAA Tournament 25 straight years. The program has a 65 percent winning percentage.

Never do anything in March?

Three Elite Eight appearances in the past seven years doesn't matter? Getting to the Elite Eight is a pretty significant accomplishment. I mean the word "Elite" is in Elite Eight. At one point they went to the NCAA Tournament 25 straight years. The program has a 65 percent winning percentage.
I wish Rutgers was "never doing anything" like Arizona

Arizona sure does recruit like an elite program.

I agree, their 2017 class only had Two 5 Star Recruits and Three 4 Star Recruits.

Their 2016 class was even worse.....Only Three 5 Star Recruits and One 4 Star Recruits...that's because the 5th member of that 2016 class was a lowly 3 Star Recruit.

Reactions: Scangg
No shock that he didn't have the balls to put this program on his back.

Let's refrain from referring to a minor's genitals, people.

That being said, Naz would've looked great in Scarlet - but can't fault a kid with legit NBA aspirations of wanting to go to any of those schools (though SHU's inclusion hurts my heart). Not shocked that L$U is involved either.

LSU has recruited well in the past & the present.

His girlfriend goes there. They are my pick if UK doesn't offer.

I think he'll end up at Kentucky. No inside information..just a guess. Never thought RU had a chance. People overrated the fact that him and Bullock are friends. Kid is trying to make it to the NBA and those schools have a better track record than RU.

Interesting that Seton Hall made his Final 7 and St. John's didn't. There was some talks that he was really considering going there. I think Seton Hall is a dark horse

St John's was cut in his final 10 or 11 which I was shocked by. Have to admit shocked he took us off his list this early.

But Arizona DID win a title. They also win 25 games every year and go to the Tournament. I think people would take that at RU. LSU, despite not being an elite program, consistently manages to recruit much better players than RU has in the last 30 years.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I'm beginning to think I will never see the day when a top notch New Jersey player decides that THEY are going to be the guy who is going to stay home and make Rutgers a perennial top 20 team instead of taking the easy path and going someplace that has traditionally been good.

What? You lost all you credibility in this post! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT