ADVERTISEMENT

NBC Sports Preseason Top 25...

giphy.gif

More importantly, Oregon only in 2/4 lists and higher than us in 1/4...
If EO stayed, he would have lost his shot at NCAA this year. It was disappointing that he wanted to transfer, but we found out that our team is bigger than just one player. Even without EO, then Geo going down for a while we didn't fall, but continued our climb.

Time to look ahead and not back

All I have to say is what a turnaround for this team...From being a laughing stock to being in many preseason rankings. And even when the season starts and we find ourselves outside the top 25- just the fact we were ever mentioned at all is amazing.
I had some doubts about Pike but was willing to give him this year. He still may not be perfect- others have pointed out his weaknesses - such as a lack of offense...but if that is what gets this team ranked, then so be it. This team played tough as nails and every single team that played us feared they would lose and knew that even if they won, it would be a hard contest and they would walk away beat up and tired from it.

It is so wonderful to see us already ranked in three different preseason Top 25 rankings and just missing in two others. We are now listed with the big boys when talking about college basketball. I know this is killing some SHU guys as they have constantly said that we have hurt their rankings. Under Steve pikiell this just might be the new norm. I look forward to seeing the college basketball publications in September. GO RU!

We go 20+ wins next year and get to the NCAA (again, yes, I said it, again, because in my mind, we made it this year) - then watch how our recruiting takes off.
And I really hope that when our season ticket requests start coming in, we decide to improve the RAC and not build a new arena. Small, compact, on top of the court, let's make this the nastiest arena in the country to play in.

I agree. We should keep the RAC. It is nostalgic and is so special. Hopefully we can expand above the old section 118 and eventually get to about 10,000 people. That would be really nice but I don't ever want to get rid of the RAC. It is back to being one of the toughest courts in the nation for a visiting team to get a win at.

The Rothstein poll included 10 B1G teams in its top 45. That's brutal! Only PSU, NW, Minnesota, and Nebraska were missing.

Kind of still unbelievable that we are seeing this after a damn lifetime of being terrible.
Have to hope that this tones down the people who were calling out Pike and his vision.
And...what about a top transfer or Cliff deciding to stay home????

Reactions: Scarlet83
And...what about a top transfer or Cliff deciding to stay home????
If that happens I would think we’d get bumped up to the Top 20 in these preseason polls.

Would also be nice if at least one of our three current signees turns out to be a steal and contributes right away.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
If EO stayed, he would have lost his shot at NCAA this year. It was disappointing that he wanted to transfer, but we found out that our team is bigger than just one player. Even without EO, then Geo going down for a while we didn't fall, but continued our climb.

This is a good point. I was disappointed but now I'm willing to turn the page on EO. Given the Corona Virus impact, sitting this year out was a great decision for him.

Reactions: Rufaninga

He saw the future. Transferring and sitting out one season kept his dream of playing in the NCAA Tournament alive.

If only he had warned us to stock up on toilet paper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT