ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Lacrosse Selection Show Thread - Sunday

What a year of post season firsts for RU!

men’s lax . Women’s lax. Men’s basketball all break droughts of 15+ years !
Wrestling getting 3 AA's for the first time ever, gymnastics with a NCAA Finalist for only the 3rd time ever, and let's not forget we could have our first ever B1G Team Champ with women's crew next weekend and RU baseball is on the bubble as well.

CVille should have fans for the games. One hour flight to Richmond, one hour drive from there to CVille. Plenty of nice inexpensive hotels.

Reactions: Caliknight
They do. But RU is better in every other phase of the game. Break 30% and RU wins. Break 40% and they win convincingly.
We win less than 40% as a team this year, going up against a guy who wins 80%. We will be lucky to win 25% against him.

We win less than 40% as a team this year, going up against a guy who wins 80%. We will be lucky to win 25% against him.
I’m not ready to give up 75%. I want to see him stacking up against guys not at Lafayette and Colgate.

Outside of him, I’m not sure there is one other guy in the PL that is rated highly. B1G has a handful of them that are or will be All Americans.

Reactions: biazza38
The Colgate FOGO went 30% on Friday, so it's certainly possible.
Lehigh was crushed by Villanova who won 5 faceoffs. Two weeks ago. I promise you our D and O are better than Novas. That’s a huge problem for Lehigh. Tells me they have issues all over the field.

The older Kirst Bros aren’t losing to little brother. Not without a fight.

Watched Lehigh beat Colgate who didn’t have much of anything. Lehigh had Sissleberger but you need more than that to beat us. Their D didn’t look overly athletic and their middies didn’t either. I think an obvious area we are going to exploit them is in the middle of the field. I question of they can run with us. They will try to slow it down like everyone does against us but I think we are too athletic to allow them to do that,

Sissleberger *could be dominating. I still need to see it not against PL kids, but even so, at every other spot we Ave better players. Attack, D, goalie, middies. All in our category.

List the top 10 guys and RU has 9 of them.

Lehigh was crushed by Villanova who won 5 faceoffs. Two weeks ago. I promise you our D and O are better than Novas. That’s a huge problem for Lehigh. Tells me they have issues all over the field.

Watched Lehigh beat Colgate who didn’t have much of anything. Lehigh had Sissleberger but you need more than that to beat us. Their D didn’t look overly athletic and their middies didn’t either. I think an obvious area we are going to exploit them is in the middle of the field. I question of they can run with us. They will try to slow it down like everyone does against us but I think we are too athletic to allow them to do that,

Sissleberger *could be dominating. I still need to see it not against PL kids, but even so, at every other spot we Ave better players. Attack, D, goalie, middies. All in our category.

Lehigh attack?

As it turns out, once Maryland beat JHU, RU was in. My question is , given that Loyola, Cuse, and Army were the last 3 for 2 at large spots, had JHU won, was RU in making it 3 B1G teams? Or do you think they would have gamed it to avoid 3 B1Gs? Seems pretty clear to me that fairness would have dictated going with 3 BIGs. Glad this is now hypothetical. Congrats to the team who accomplished so much under tough circumstances this season! Congrats to Coach Brecht, now make this an annual event.

Lehigh attack?
Best thing I can say is serviceable. Not dynamic. Ours is much better. They will try to play stall ball on us. I just don’t think they have the athletes to do it. They will be wel coached and have a plan. Let’s see if it work.

As it turns out, once Maryland beat JHU, RU was in. My question is , given that Loyola, Cuse, and Army were the last 3 for 2 at large spots, had JHU won, was RU in making it 3 B1G teams? Or do you think they would have gamed it to avoid 3 B1Gs? Seems pretty clear to me that fairness would have dictated going with 3 BIGs. Glad this is now hypothetical. Congrats to the team who accomplished so much under tough circumstances this season! Congrats to Coach Brecht, now make this an annual event.
I know believe we would have gotten three teams in.

Just my opinion but :

Leaving an ACC team out? Surely you jest. I think the interviews are blowing a lot of smoke about Syracuse being on the bubble. They probably consider the lower seed enough punishment for the record.

3 Big 10 teams to 1 Patriot League team? I seriously doubt it. And leaving out a hot Baltimore team or a service academy with a win over Syracuse out when 2 Big East, 2 Patriot and 2 Big 10 seems so balanced?

Our department is stepping up across the board. This needs to be continuous at every level. Always. Forever improving at every spot. Alum relations, facilities, donations, monetizing the department itself, everything. Winning begets winning.

Sure hope you're right, Cali. I guess I would liken this to a mediocre hockey team having a GREAT goalie. That can level the playing field.

Sure hope you're right, Cali. I guess I would liken this to a mediocre hockey team having a GREAT goalie. That can level the playing field.

For sure. But let's see how great he really is. And we also have a great goalie with the highly interesting subplot of having played at Lehigh for 4 years. He knows their personnel as well as they do.

A great fogo is an X factor, but you need more than that. I would be very nervous if I was Lehigh. Could they get hot? Absolutely. But they aren't sprinting to this game. Lafayette played them tough, they lost to Villanova handily, Colgate gave them a game, and now us. That's a big step up in competition.

If we play loose and fast like we almost always do, the level of athleticism we are going to display is not something they have seen. This game very well could be close. It could also be an oh shit moment when our guys are flying around making plays which they aren't accustomed to seeing.

We can't come out tight. That I will say. We need to let it rip. With the monkey off our back, I see that happening. Even though I suspect we will be favored, the pressure is still on them. Good spot for us to be in.

For sure. But let's see how great he really is. And we also have a great goalie with the highly interesting subplot of having played at Lehigh for 4 years. He knows their personnel as well as they do.

A great fogo is an X factor, but you need more than that. I would be very nervous if I was Lehigh. Could they get hot? Absolutely. But they aren't sprinting to this game. Lafayette played them tough, they lost to Villanova handily, Colgate gave them a game, and now us. That's a big step up in competition.

If we play loose and fast like we almost always do, the level of athleticism we are going to display is not something they have seen. This game very well could be close. It could also be an oh shit moment when our guys are flying around making plays which they aren't accustomed to seeing.

We can't come out tight. That I will say. We need to let it rip. With the monkey off our back, I see that happening. Even though I suspect we will be favored, the pressure is still on them. Good spot for us to be in.
I like being on this side of the bracket. Although I cannot stand the ACC slant when it comes to slotting the teams. Once Maryland went to the 3 seed, RU had to go to the 8 or 9 seed vs a 5, 6 or 7 seed. Glad we did not get slotted in the UVA or the DUKE bracket. I think that's a tougher side

ADVERTISEMENT