ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA record tied for fewest points in half 4

The fewest points scored in one half of a men's Division I basketball game is four. This record was set by the Northern Illinois men's basketball team in January 2013 in a game against Eastern Michigan. The record for fewest points in an entire men's Division I game is held by St. Louis, which scored just 20 points during a January 2008 game.

So, I'm watching the Basketball game against East. Michigan, it's halftime, and the announcer say's we just set a National Record. Holding a team Defensively to just 4 points in the first half, breaks the old record of 5 points.
I go to tell my wife the great news, and she say's to me; "so is Rutgers winning?"
Gotta love her!

The fewest points scored in one half of a men's Division I basketball game is four. This record was set by the Northern Illinois men's basketball team in January 2013 in a game against Eastern Michigan. The record for fewest points in an entire men's Division I game is held by St. Louis, which scored just 20 points during a January 2008 game.

Looks like Rutgers ties the record not set it

https://www.reference.com/sports-ac...rd-fewest-points-scored-half-a47ace268468b109

Can see it now - Alex T asking the following:
Final Jeopardy question: What NCAA team holds the record for both scoring the fewest points In a half and holding its opponent to the same number of points?
Karma?

Can see it now - Alex T asking the following:
Final Jeopardy question: What NCAA team holds the record for both scoring the fewest points In a half and holding its opponent to the same number of points?
Karma?
The Hall's Wagner game was nice, the other two games weren't so nice.
Guess you need a diversion from The Slum of SO's schedule.

But to stay on track with the subject of this thread : great half effort by RU and a good win.
3-1 now, I don't expect a great season, but one that will prove RUMBB is on the rise.

Last edited:
Rutgers (3-1) tied the NCAA Division I defensive record by limiting MAC West Division favorite Eastern Michigan (4-2) to just four first half points in a 63-36 victory Monday night at the RAC in the Hub City Classic. The Scarlet Knights restricted the Eagles to 27.8% (15-of-54) shooting to tie the school record for fewest points scored by a D-I opponent in the shot clock era.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2018/11/19/mens-basketball-halts-eastern-michigan.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT