ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show..Wednesday

Aug 19, 2007
Huge day for the wrestlers to see where they land in the 33 man brackets. I think Theobold is a lock to get in with a WC (at large bid). Bakuckus will just miss. Hope I'm wrong on that.

Selection Show

Everyone says you get rewarded for wrestling in the b10 I think he should make it. That weight is arguably one of the toughest in the country top to bottom with 4 elite guys at the top. Based on that alone and considering all year he was in the coaches top 33 I would hope he gets rewarded. Would love to send 6 there.

There are 7 spots available for 174lbs.
Most projections I have seen list these 7 getting spots.

174:

Kyle Crutchmer, Oklahoma State..RPI-6...coaches poll-11

Tanner Weatherman, Iowa State..RPI-8...coaches poll-12

George Pickett, Cornell...RPI-11...coaches poll-21

Andy McCulley, Wyoming...RPI-12...coaches poll-14

Raymond Waters, Arizona State...RPI-14...coaches poll-17

Brian Harvey, Army...RPI-10...coaches poll-15

Keaton Subjeck, Stanford...RPI-23...coaches poll-28

Bakuckus...RPI-19...coaches poll-20 has Win over Pickett

Phil's head to head loss to Harvey from Army is a crusher but the more I look at it Phil should get in before Subjeck from Stanford.Those are from the last rankings and will change a little.

This post was edited on 3/11 9:35 AM by LetsGoRUwrestling

Is Theobold okay? Anyone know the seriousness of his ankle injury?

I am certainly no doctor, although I sleep with one (PHD), I would think that the calf would be better than an ankle injury?

NCAA is releasing on Twitter every half hour the wrestlers that have qualified for the NCAA tournament. These are not the brackets just the names of all the wrestlers at the weight. 125 and 133 are here and the others will follow.

Link Here

I'm confused, because I didn't pay close enough attention.

Why doesn't the B12 get auto slots? Are they not an official wrestling conference?

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
I'm confused, because I didn't pay close enough attention.

Why doesn't the B12 get auto slots? Are they not an official wrestling conference?
This is just a guess but probably because they only have 4 team in the conference that wrestles.

Looks like Matt Reed from Oklahoma got the last spot in 174. No Bakuckas

This post was edited on 3/11 4:15 PM by tlabue

Looks like Phil did not make it. That's ashame. Reed whom he beamade it. Looks like he was missing that 1 signature win at the end which would have put him over the top.

Just saw the show, Ash (7 seed) & Del Vech got decent bracket spots being in the middle of the lower brackets. Perotti (13 seed)has to face James Green if he wins his first match, ouch Theo was in top bracket if I remember correctly , but wouldn't have to face a 1 or 4 in his second bout should he win, if I'm remembering correctly. And forgot to see where Smith wound up.

Smith draws #1 Gwiazdowski from NC St, tough break

Ash and Perotti not bad.
Ash seeded #7 gets Mike Longo (Appalachian St) first round, with a potential match with #10 Zach Horan (C. Mich)

Perrotti seeded #13, gets Noel Blanco (Drexel), followed by #12 Minotti (Lehigh)

Delvecchio get Gulibon (PSU) and Theobold with a tough draw #10 Pagdilao (Arizona St), followed by #7 Mastriani (VT) if he wins.

not that im complaining but how is it that ash got seeded ahead of abidin? just curious

Actually now that i think of it, Ash was seeded lower, something like 11.
Originally posted by jerzey devil:

not that im complaining but how is it that ash got seeded ahead of abidin? just curious

Actually now that i think of it, Ash was seeded lower, something like 11.
Originally posted by jerzey devil:

look again ABRO (lol cuz I looked 3 times just to make sure) like I said im not complaining...I love the spot hes at

Originally posted by tlabue:
Smith draws #1 Gwiazdowski from NC St, tough break

Ash and Perotti not bad.
Ash seeded #7 gets Mike Longo (Appalachian St) first round, with a potential match with #10 Zach Horan (C. Mich)

Perrotti seeded #13, gets Noel Blanco (Drexel), followed by #12 Minotti (Lehigh)

Delvecchio get Gulibon (PSU) and Theobold with a tough draw #10 Pagdilao (Arizona St), followed by #7 Mastriani (VT) if he wins.
That's not how the bracket works, if Perrotti wins he would likely face #4 James Green. Perrotti beat Blanco pretty handily at the Drexel dual.

Not understanding Abro. How do you get Ant at #11 seed? It's based off a point system. Ant may have more quality wins then Abidin. He's clearly #7 seed per bracket. Doesn't matter anyway. One at a time.

I 'misremembered' , Had it right the first time w the 7 seed, which is a pretty generous seed for Ash.
Originally posted by 22Personnel:
Not understanding Abro. How do you get Ant at #11 seed? It's based off a point system. Ant may have more quality wins then Abidin. He's clearly #7 seed per bracket. Doesn't matter anyway. One at a time.

Lice Ash spot! Horan will be a very very tough match. But i wanted his way to semis to go thru port.
Some seeds are complete head scratchers. Lavion Mayes is the 3rd seed and he didnt even win the mac tornament. Very strange.
Ash will have to SCORE more then he has been but im sure he will be ready

I also like Ash seed, we will see what he does with it. I like that kid Lavion Mayes I was so impressed with how he beat Dziewa 13-6. He is a point scorer I expect him to be top 4.

Agree. Call it a hunch but i think Ash will have to beat Dwiza again in the roundof 12 to AA.
Mayes will have to show he can beat Dardanes witch i dont see him doing. Funny though listening to everyone complain about Ashnault seed around the Internet after listening to the process and how the seeds works it really makes sence and rewards a guy Like Ash for wrestling tougher opponents and have more quality wins. So. to recap. If A beat B but B has more quality wins agains tough opponents B gets the better seed. And its true because although Albadin beat Ash twice. He didnt even come close to wrestling as tough a schedule as Ash.

It still doesn't make sense, but I'll gladly take it over being an 8/9 seed.

You're ranking kids on how well they wrestle. How is it the kid's fault if he's not wrestling the kids Ash is?

When it came time to wrestle Ash, he beat him multiple times. That should count for a lot more than everything else, unless like Rodrigues he went and lost to a bunch of people and therefore wins over Ash and Dwieza like a fluke.

I totally agree with you. But until i listened to tge flo interview with the seeds guy i can see both sides. With there system it isnt close. Ash 7 and Aladin 9. If they didnt have this process alot of schoollike csu bakerfied stanford ASU abd other west coast teams suffer because tgey dont get the head to head match ups that are needed to increase there seeds. I deffinatly recomend you give it a listen. 9

ADVERTISEMENT