ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thursday Discussion Thread

2nd in the big ten tournament made the tournament and won there first game. So yes the definition of past us since we are not playing
It’s one good season.
And we kicked the crap out of them twice this year. They also graduate basically everyone

Disagree. It was good but PSU missed a ton of good looks.
It was more than just missed open looks when you have to work 20-25 seconds every possession in a 30 sec shot clock to get those looks, your legs get tired working that hard every possession. A lot of PSU shots came up short or long compensating on the shots they took last time. We beat them down physically than mentally.

Last edited:
Awesome work! You worrying about my grammar on a blog is like posting a luck analytic to explain why we lose. No one cares
The point of the luck comments is for whatever reason many things happened this season that you pretty much have to chalk up to - it wasn’t meant to be. If it’s true what they say about luck balancing out - I’d rather get the bankers over with vs Hofstra and hopefully have a luckier year next season. In the realm - losing to Hofstra or one of the next NIt games is meaningless.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
The point of the luck comments is for whatever reason many things happened this season that you pretty much have to chalk up to - it wasn’t meant to be. If it’s true what they say about luck balancing out - I’d rather get the bankers over with vs Hofstra and hopefully have a luckier year next season. In the realm - losing to Hofstra or one of the next NIt games is meaningless.
Good teams execute and don’t rely on analytics. The “Luck” rating is nothing more then and excuse to explain why a team did not execute.

You said twice

You said psu made it twice

Field of 64 isnt a thing

Rutgers made it 3x

Penn State 2x

Northwestern 1x
Not sure you realize your confusion here. You’re saying what I said. Tagged you in the post so you can go back and see it.

Kyk and RUSojo also won’t mention how offense first Arizona lost in the first round to Princeton, despite claims that it’s the defense first teams that lose in the tournament.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Good teams execute and don’t rely on analytics. The “Luck” rating is nothing more then and excuse to explain why a team did not execute.
Nobody is relying on it. But some are spewing out that we took an obvious step down this season which is a joke and the luck factor explains that. If even one of those Minny 3s rims out - we’re in the field at 20-13 and no way play in (we would be 11-9 vs 10-10 for PSU). That’s the single difference between seasons. On the flip side - to have even a prayer at the field - RHJ had to nail a half court shot last season. So yes - luck is the only explanation to differentiate the outcomes of the 2 seasons. It’s garbage to conclude we took a step down. Not true.

Kyk and RUSojo also won’t mention how offense first Arizona lost in the first round to Princeton, despite claims that it’s the defense first teams that lose in the tournament.
Valid and good point because every offensive oriented team can have a bad night. However playing UVA or RU style of basketball is you keep every team you play in the game. The smallest mistake late in games will cost you. Free throws, in bounds plays etc

You mean Jay wright not RUsojo and kyk.

Losing at OSU was bad luck - no way to control for ref mistakes. The MSU game dropping to Q2 as a home win instead of a Q1 neutral site was ... unexpected and unfortunate, but not sure about it being unlucky. SHU blowing the final 30 seconds against DePaul and slipping to Q3 was bad luck for us, too. Losing Mag for the season on a non-contact injury was bad luck. Losing Mulcahy for a few games when he hurt his shoulder diving for loose ball, while we also were down McConnell, was bad luck.

Several things bounced in a bad way for us this year.

Reactions: BillyC80
Nobody is relying on it. But some are spewing out that we took an obvious step down this season which is a joke and the luck factor explains that. If even one of those Minny 3s rims out - we’re in the field at 20-13 and no way play in (we would be 11-9 vs 10-10 for PSU). That’s the single difference between seasons. On the flip side - to have even a prayer at the field - RHJ had to nail a half court shot last season. So yes - luck is the only explanation to differentiate the outcomes of the 2 seasons. It’s garbage to conclude we took a step down. Not true.
Wrong! Pike plays the Simpson lineup after the MSU win, and does not wait until the big tournament we are not talking about luck. Caleb hits the front end of the one and one against MINN we are not talking about luck. Pike calls a timeout when Hyatt panicked, before Paul threw it away we are not talking about luck. Execute !!!

There's (I got that right?) a group of posters who simply ignore other's replies when they don't fit their (right again?) narrative.
They're (got this one too?) great members but just fall a bit short in that area (imo). I'm not suggesting these two necessarily fit into that group even though it looks like I am.

Losing at OSU was bad luck - no way to control for ref mistakes. The MSU game dropping to Q2 as a home win instead of a Q1 neutral site was ... unexpected and unfortunate, but not sure about it being unlucky. SHU blowing the final 30 seconds against DePaul and slipping to Q3 was bad luck for us, too. Losing Mag for the season on a non-contact injury was bad luck.

OSU was not bad luck! PIKE fouled up 3 which he has never done in his career and did not do again after. They were a good FT shooting team and we are not . Bad coaching decision. They hit 2 and Caleb hit one. If Caleb makes them both or Pike plays it straight up then the refs never come into it. Execute

Losing at OSU was bad luck - no way to control for ref mistakes. The MSU game dropping to Q2 as a home win instead of a Q1 neutral site was ... unexpected and unfortunate, but not sure about it being unlucky. SHU blowing the final 30 seconds against DePaul and slipping to Q3 was bad luck for us, too. Losing Mag for the season on a non-contact injury was bad luck. Losing Mulcahy for a few games when he hurt his shoulder diving for loose ball, while we also were down McConnell, was bad luck.

yeah and the only thing that the NCAA did was penalize us for the Mag injury and not give us any consideration of the other three.
No better example of them just wanting to exclude us.

OSU was not bad luck! PIKE fouled up 3 which he has never done in his career and did not do again after. They were a good FT shooting team and we are not . Bad coaching decision. They hit 2 and Caleb hit one. If Caleb makes them both or Pike plays it straight up then the refs never come into it. Execute
There are execution factors for both teams all game. But the reality is in that circumstance..no matter how you got there it was bad luck. Sorry. I disagree.

This is something you presumably have experience with, given that you spend your time making hundreds of message board accounts in a desperate attempt to continue participating in a community that hates you.
Spill the beans. How do you guys no this? (hha..I KNOW it is KNOW and just being a St. Pat's day smart a$$)

Seriously though. I see lots of folks making claims like this and I am not doubting you. Just want to know how you guys track such things.

More than one thing can be true. We played that game out to the end and won it on the floor by forcing OSU out of bounds. They executed well enough to win.

Could we have done things differently and not left an opening for bad luck? Sure, but that doesn't remove the existence of the bad luck.

What is ?
Psu starting 3 portal player?
Pickett being all big ten 2nd all American
RU making the field 1 time
NW PSU currently in field and out of round 1

I apologize for misrepresenting the facts.

Ru was in the field 2x...3x if you count thw covid year thanks

Had Mag not got hurt Rutgers is in for a 4th year

This is something you presumably have experience with, given that you spend your time making hundreds of message board accounts in a desperate attempt to continue participating in a community that hates you.
In 2023 I thought we could move past a community hating one individual. It’s ok that your wrong and know nothing about basketball. Your a great person with wonderful grammar !

Ru was in the field 2x...3x if you count thw covid year thanks
No there was no Covid field but o understand we had a good team and it’s nice to talk about. Being in and losing the PLAY IN game is not in the field. Hence why it’s called the PLAY IN game . It’s great for PIKE negotiating his contract but just not real

Spill the beans. How do you guys no this? (hha..I KNOW it is KNOW and just being a St. Pat's day smart a$$)

Seriously though. I see lots of folks making claims like this and I am not doubting you. Just want to know how you guys track such things.
Well as some evidence note that his response to my post doesn't even deny this or ask me wtf I'm talking about, which is I feel what most people would do if someone said they had 100+ accounts.

But there are constantly new accounts that post in pretty much the same style, with the same negative opinions, that use the same reactions, and that are clearly familiar with the board and its posters despite being "new" accounts with no posts. This one has lasted longer than most.

We have posters that continually downplay our wins

Sojo keeps bringing up Hood Schifino out as why our Indiana win was not legit

Now they are saying our 2x Penn state wins were not that good

Reactions: RUBB86 and biazza38
No there was no Covid field but o understand we had a good team and it’s nice to talk about. Being in and losing the PLAY IN game is not in the field. Hence why it’s called the PLAY IN game . It’s great for PIKE negotiating his contract but just not real

No such thing as a play in game. Any team in those games made the field

Also you're days are numbered here

Yes they are correct because they are exactly what I said in the first post! Lol

You said ru made it twice

Anyhow how can you be passed when in 4 years they made it more than the other 2 and would have made it this year if Mag didnt go down

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT