ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thursday Discussion Thread

Well as some evidence note that his response to my post doesn't even deny this or ask me wtf I'm talking about, which is I feel what most people would do if someone said they had 100+ accounts.

But there are constantly new accounts that post in pretty much the same style, with the same negative opinions, that use the same reactions, and that are clearly familiar with the board and its posters despite being "new" accounts with no posts. This one has lasted longer than most.
Was is it negative to call out when we do something wrong or don’t achieve something we should? Why can’t we demand more?

Spill the beans. How do you guys no this? (hha..I KNOW it is KNOW and just being a St. Pat's day smart a$$)

Seriously though. I see lots of folks making claims like this and I am not doubting you. Just want to know how you guys track such things.

When you read everything you find out who the assholes using multiple screen names are

Well as some evidence note that his response to my post doesn't even deny this or ask me wtf I'm talking about, which is I feel what most people would do if someone said they had 100+ accounts.

But there are constantly new accounts that post in pretty much the same style, with the same negative opinions, that use the same reactions, and that are clearly familiar with the board and its posters despite being "new" accounts with no posts. This one has lasted longer than most.
I did not ask because I don’t care. I also don’t understand what your talking about.

Would you rather lose to PSU twice and be on the second round of the tournament or beat them twice and be home right now?
Fairly simple
My point is that’s it’s one season. They don’t have sustained success in making the tournament nor are they recruiting the same type of player we are. Did we “pass” Duke when Duke had the one down year and didn’t make the tournament when we almost beat Houston in the second round? No. No we didn’t

We have posters that continually downplay our wins

Sojo keeps bringing up Hood Schifino out as why our Indiana win was not legit

Now they are saying our 2x Penn state wins were not that good
No one said they weren’t good wins. They’re were good wins.

My point is that’s it’s one season. They don’t have sustained success in making the tournament nor are they recruiting the same type of player we are. Did we “pass” Duke when Duke had the one down year and didn’t make the tournament when we almost beat Houston in the second round? No. No we didn’t
Fair

Reactions: biazza38
I did not ask because I don’t care. I also don’t understand what your talking about.
Oh, good save!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RUinOhio
You said ru made it twice

Anyhow how can you be passed when in 4 years they made it more than the other 2 and would have made it this year if Mag didnt go down

We’ll hard to argue Rutgers is ahead from 2019-2020 to 2022-2023.

Rutgers highest conf finish 4th. Field of 64 twice. 10, 10, 11 seed. Big ten tournament quarters. 1 NCAA win and counting.

Penn St highest conf finish 5th. Field of 64 twice. 5/6 seed, 10 seed. Big ten tournament final. 1 NCAA win and counting.

NW highest conf finish 2nd. Field of 64 once. 10 seed. Big ten tournament quarters 1 NCAA and counting.

Granted these accomplishments may be a better of example of the level of accomplishments Rutgers has made vs program stature. Related though.

@NewJerseyHawk @bac2therac
You must not tell lies…

Who's "we"? You're an outcast.
Ok, so does Pike or this team ever do anything wrong or underachieve? I have read every entry since I have joined. The majority are all Pro pike and the team(rainbows and unicorns) I agree with that mentality and support them and the university I love. I have had season tickets to both football and basketball. I attend every game and live and die with every shot.
However, when we do have a collapse, the largest in school history. it’s ok to point out those mistakes. It’s ok to show you how the luck rating does not matter. Now, if explaining to you x and o’s or late game execution is why we lost and not luck is me being negative then I am sorry. You should just stop watching or writing about hoops.
Your probably the same people who only wrote great things about Jordan, Hill, and Rice as well. Your the problem not the people who want more.

Ok, so does Pike or this team ever do anything wrong or underachieve? I have read every entry since I have joined. The majority are all Pro pike and the team(rainbows and unicorns) I agree with that mentality and support them and the university I love. I have had season tickets to both football and basketball. I attend every game and live and die with every shot.
However, when we do have a collapse, the largest in school history. it’s ok to point out those mistakes. It’s ok to show you how the luck rating does not matter. Now, if explaining to you x and o’s or late game execution is why we lost and not luck is me being negative then I am sorry. You should just stop watching or writing about hoops.
Your probably the same people who only wrote great things about Jordan, Hill, and Rice as well. Your the problem not the people who want more.
lmao

Your going on ignore

Reactions: bac2therac
Wrong! Pike plays the Simpson lineup after the MSU win, and does not wait until the big tournament we are not talking about luck. Caleb hits the front end of the one and one against MINN we are not talking about luck. Pike calls a timeout when Hyatt panicked, before Paul threw it away we are not talking about luck. Execute !!!
Your misinterpretting - nobody is saying we couldn’t have done things that would’ve improved our overall performance. That’s true for last season too though. It is simply not true that we executed better in 2021-22. Our luck was a heck of a lot better that year and I don’t see how anyone can deny that. Heck - we needed luck to beat Lehigh.

Your misinterpretting - nobody is saying we couldn’t have done things that would’ve improved our overall performance. That’s true for last season too though. It is simply not true that we executed better in 2021-22. Our luck was a heck of a lot better that year and I don’t see how anyone can deny that. Heck - we needed luck to beat Lehigh.
I understand what your saying and he’ll I agree with it to some extent. The larger point which I think be both can agree on is, if we executed late in games at simple things we are not even discussing luck. I gave multiple examples which would have led to wins and no luck factor is being discussed. You only see that stupid analytic used to try explain why we lost. Execute

It’s like my kids explaining why they did something wrong and it’s not their (flux, did i get that right?) fault . Ok, I understand the outside circumstances but YOU still did something YOU were not supposed to so YOU are not going to the school dance.

Yeah, the "Field of 64" is no longer a thing anyway you look at it. Either you are in the "Field of 68" (you were selected for the tournament) or you are in the "Field of 60" (the tournament teams that don't play until Thursday).

Yeah, the "Field of 64" is no longer a thing anyway you look at it. Either you are in the "Field of 68" (you were selected for the tournament) or you are in the "Field of 60" (the tournament teams that don't play until Thursday).
I guess I am old school! Can I write Rutgers on my bracket? Hell, I’ll even take seeing Rutgers name at all. I know last year that was not the case. I know somewhere it may exist before someone posts a bracket that was created by some kid in his basement. Any large pool bracket or media outlet does not have those first games on a bracket sheet. Why? They are play in games to the actual tournament.

Got it. I thought you guys were actually looking at IP addresses or something like that if even possible.

Who would go about constantly creating handles. Not suggesting it isn't happening.. just a strange behavior. But in this world.. yeah.

Reactions: RUDivision
Got it. I thought you guys were actually looking at IP addresses or something like that if even possible.

Who would go about constantly creating handles. Not suggesting it isn't happening.. just a strange behavior. But in this world.. yeah.
Agreed, besides a player, coach, or ad who wanted to monitor the chatter anonymously.

I understand what your saying and he’ll I agree with it to some extent. The larger point which I think be both can agree on is, if we executed late in games at simple things we are not even discussing luck. I gave multiple examples which would have led to wins and no luck factor is being discussed. You only see that stupid analytic used to try explain why we lost. Execute

It’s like my kids explaining why they did something wrong and it’s not their (flux, did i get that right?) fault . Ok, I understand the outside circumstances but YOU still did something YOU were not supposed to so YOU are not going to the school dance.

Oh sure - we had our chances to win despite the bad luck. And by the way I’m not at all saying KenPom’s metric is necessarily a good measure of luck either.

But you cannot disregard luck if your comparing the past 2 seasons to try to assess the overall direction of the program based on it. That would be ridiculous. Think of how many one possession games we won last season. Many of which could be argued we deserved to lose. We easily could’ve lost the Lehigh game in regulation if Geo’s shot didn’t roll in. We almost blew the PSU game. Did everything possible to try to throw it away. We hit a half court miracle shot to beat Purdue. The refs gave us the Iowa game by blowing the whistle and sending RHJ to the line with 2 seconds. 9 out of 10 times that call isn’t made and the game is going to OT. How about the 3 Ron hit at the end of the Indiana game? To dismiss that we were a lot luckier in 2021-22 as irrelevant despite us ending with the same overall record would be ridiculous.

I guess I am old school! Can I write Rutgers on my bracket? Hell, I’ll even take seeing Rutgers name at all. I know last year that was not the case. I know somewhere it may exist before someone posts a bracket that was created by some kid in his basement. Any large pool bracket or media outlet does not have those first games on a bracket sheet. Why? They are play in games to the actual tournament.
How long has it been since you printed out of bracket? The first four have been included in the bracket since the field was expanded.

To be honest, this guy might not be the same troll. The one with 100+ accounts usually blocks his profile and is extremely obsessed with AreYouNuts. I don't see that in his profile. So, *shrug*. He's still kind of a troll but if you aren't the same guy then sorry, a little bit.

To be honest, this guy might not be the same troll. The one with 100+ accounts usually blocks his profile and is extremely obsessed with AreYouNuts. I don't see that in his profile. So, *shrug*. He's still kind of a troll but if you aren't the same guy then sorry, a little bit.
Flux your routine is getting boring. Stick to spreadsheets and grammar

Also no idea what those are .

One other thing of note is that in our “down year” (which would’ve been our best season if not for injury) we were right on the outside of making the tournament. Penn State and Northwestern’s down years they did not even sniff a bid, which is also important to note.

Reactions: bac2therac
Why in the world would I print out a bracket?
Ha ha, I was the guy who drew out the brackets with a ruler and filled them by hand, in starting in the late seventies. Back then it took a lot of scouring of newspapers, listening to hourly sports reports on the radio, and getting lucky to get all the results. All you old guys know what I'm talkin' about.

Fans knew how amazing this tournament is long before the media caught on...

No they aren't

Ha ha, I was the guy who drew out the brackets with a ruler and filled them by hand, in starting in the late seventies. Back then it took a lot of scouring of newspapers, listening to hourly sports reports on the radio, and getting lucky to get all the results. All you old guys know what I'm talkin' about.

Fans knew how amazing this tournament is long before the media caught on...
Yes!!!

Reactions: dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT