ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thursday Discussion Thread

No they aren’t

From the round of 64 through the championship game, there are a total of 63 games. If you include the "first four", also known as the "play-in" games, there are a total of 67 games. Assuming the two teams playing in the championship game were not part of the first four, they would play a total of 6 games.

Explanation from the CBS bracket website. They are wrong too! At least you negotiated Pikes contract, and are in for a good 10 percent pay day.

From the round of 64 through the championship game, there are a total of 63 games. If you include the "first four", also known as the "play-in" games, there are a total of 67 games. Assuming the two teams playing in the championship game were not part of the first four, they would play a total of 6 games.

Explanation from the CBS bracket website. They are wrong too! At least you negotiated Pikes contract, and are in for a good 10 percent pay day.

Um... that's from a website called www.printyourbrackets.com, not from CBS

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
For example over 20million people filled out this years ESPN’s bracket challenge. NONE of them included the play in games. Why would ESPN leave out such a critical part of the tournament? Why would 20 plus million people not even see those schools or even know they exist? Play in games.
The goal of the bracket challenge is to get as many people as possible to fill it out before a deadline. They don't include the first four, because that would give less than 48 hours from the end of the selection show to the start of the first game. If you want to choose the winner of the first four game over the six seed, you can, or you can wait until the first four is over and know which team will be facing the six when you fill out the challenge form.

But that's not a printable or official bracket - it's a sweepstakes competition.

Reactions: Scangg
Um... that's from a website called www.printyourbrackets.com, not from CBS
te: The 61st through 64th teams will be determined by the first four (4) games of the Tournament, played on March 14-15, 2023 for the Men's Tournament and March 15-16 for the Women's Tournament. Those play-in games will not be counted in the Promotion. Prior to completion of those games, the 61st through 64th teams will be listed on our brackets page as "Team 1/Team 2", and Participants are free to pick "Team 1/Team 2" in the first round, if they want to submit picks before such games are completed. The Administrator, at its sole discretion, will make the bracket available on the CBSI Site once teams and seeds are determined. In order to participate in the Challenge(s), participants must: (i) go to the CBSI Site; (ii) pick the team(s) they predict will win their opening round matchup of each Tournament game and subsequent matchups based on your previous selections all the way through the championship game; (iii) login to their CBSSports.com account (or create an account if you do not have one); (iv) create a Bracket (entry) name; PLEASE NOTE: Every time you make a change to your picks you will need to click the "submit button" to save your changes.

I linked to the above from the cbs website. The actual verbiage DIRECTLY form the cbs website is above. Play in Games

The goal of the bracket challenge is to get as many people as possible to fill it out before a deadline. They don't include the first four, because that would give less than 48 hours from the end of the selection show to the start of the first game. If you want to choose the winner of the first four game over the six seed, you can, or you can wait until the first four is over and know which team will be facing the six when you fill out the challenge form.

But that's not a printable or official bracket - it's a sweepstakes competition.
Ok the thing that EVERYONE fills out or media outlet/newspaper talks about is not important. The piece of paper that no one sees is? It’s the play in games it’s ok . We made it to the play in last year and not this year.

te: The 61st through 64th teams will be determined by the first four (4) games of the Tournament, played on March 14-15, 2023 for the Men's Tournament and March 15-16 for the Women's Tournament. Those play-in games will not be counted in the Promotion. Prior to completion of those games, the 61st through 64th teams will be listed on our brackets page as "Team 1/Team 2", and Participants are free to pick "Team 1/Team 2" in the first round, if they want to submit picks before such games are completed. The Administrator, at its sole discretion, will make the bracket available on the CBSI Site once teams and seeds are determined. In order to participate in the Challenge(s), participants must: (i) go to the CBSI Site; (ii) pick the team(s) they predict will win their opening round matchup of each Tournament game and subsequent matchups based on your previous selections all the way through the championship game; (iii) login to their CBSSports.com account (or create an account if you do not have one); (iv) create a Bracket (entry) name; PLEASE NOTE: Every time you make a change to your picks you will need to click the "submit button" to save your changes.

I linked to the above from the cbs website. The actual verbiage DIRECTLY form the cbs website is above. Play in Games

You haven't linked to anything, you've just copy/pasted text from somewhere.

Paste the link to a CBS website that has this verbiage.

Ok the thing that EVERYONE fills out or media outlet/newspaper talks about is not important. The piece of paper that no one sees is? It’s the play in games it’s ok . We made it to the play in last year and not this year.

We have 8 brackets filled out in my household... and none in the bracket challenge. Every newspaper sports page in the country publishes a bracket on Monday morning - and they all have the First Four listed. You're trying to hang your hat on a sweepstakes form, lol

It’s crazy how high we can be riding as our program has experienced the most success it has in a long time and yet we still are behind Penn St and NW the last 4 years.

Need to make a leap.
We did leap them mid year when we were 8-4 in conference and then we went downhill.

We have 8 brackets filled out in my household... and none in the bracket challenge. Every newspaper sports page in the country publishes a bracket on Monday morning - and they all have the First Four listed. You're trying to hang your hat on a sweepstakes form, lol
Changing your argument. Link was included as requested . CBS who runs the tournament refers to it as the play in games.

You guys are being idiots
they don’t allow you to advance a single team in the first four because then the cutoff for brackets would be Tuesday.
I can’t handle the idiocy.
If you play in Dayton, you made the tournament. Hard stop

First off, the language you initially quoted was not from that site.

Second, the language you quoted second from this site are the RULES FOR A CHALLENGE. The first four don't count as part of the promotion - which makes more sense to call them "play in", because they have to play to be in the promotion.

Feels like you are being intentionally obtuse, because it's hard to believe you're legitimately this dense.

Changing your argument. Link was included as requested . CBS who runs the tournament refers to it as the play in games.

Nope. CBS refers to them as such in the RULES FOR A PROMOTION. They aren't calling them that in any of their actual tournament pages, but as a note for inclusion in a sweepstakes event.

You guys are being idiots
they don’t allow you to advance a single team in the first four because then the cutoff for brackets would be Tuesday.
I can’t handle the idiocy.
If you play in Dayton, you
Nope. CBS refers to them as such in the RULES FOR A PROMOTION. They aren't calling them that in any of their actual tournament pages, but as a note for inclusion in a sweepstakes event.
Ok lastly if you watch the coverage the announcers, pre game, post game, and halftime yesterday, all referred to it as play in games. Done with this discussion! You have your and I have my opinion. It’s the play in game and we play in the RAC.

Lol..who cares

Rutgers made the ncaa tourney in 2022

Rutgers made the 2022 ncaa tournament period

Why are people commenting on the thrusday thread still? Let's this die and move to Friday thread
I think keeping this dumbass in the irrelevant thread is a win, personally. Why encourage him to migrate his idiocy to a live thread?

ADVERTISEMENT