ADVERTISEMENT

ND-Syracuse:Who Do You Root For?

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
As much as SU is a recruiting rival and a win would really hurt us I refuse to root for the Irish. The whole ND superiority thing is something I've despised since childhood. Throw in those hideous unis they're wearing for the game and I have to go with the Orange.

p.s. But a curse on both their houses.

kp5OXwWNnq-4.png

A possible omen for an upset:Tonight at Saratoga,The Cuse is Loose won the second race at 35-1.

Pain me to say but Cuse. We need to show Hobbs and Ash that it doesn’t take 6 or 8 years. We talk about lack of talent on the team when Ash took over...their roster had less.

As much as SU is a recruiting rival and a win would really hurt us I refuse to root for the Irish. The whole ND superiority thing is something I've despised since childhood. Throw in those hideous unis they're wearing for the game and I have to go with the Orange.

kp5OXwWNnq-4.png

Go Orange !

Reactions: TenaflyOrange
That nasty colored team 3 - the Catholics from northern Indiana 2

Pain me to say but Cuse. We need to show Hobbs and Ash that it doesn’t take 6 or 8 years. We talk about lack of talent on the team when Ash took over...their roster had less.

Show just Hobbs. Ash has to go.
Syracuse is a perfect model to follow.

2015 - Syracuse had meathead defensive headcoach trying to run a meathead, conservative, slow outdated offense - consistently getting blown out.

Fired him with 1 game left to go.

2016 - Hires offensive head coach with prior success coaching less talented teams.
Immediately showed improvement and competition (beat VT) despite using a walk on QB part of the year.
Acknowledged his offense needed a year or two but had no excuses about needing better talent.
Just coached up players.

Notre Dame no question. They will always have their fans and people will obsess over them. Syracuse winning over ND in NYC is the last thing I'd want to see, besides maybe UConn

kp5OXwWNnq-4.png
Pretty much sums up how I feel.

kp5OXwWNnq-4.png

ND this week. Southern Cal next week.

Is that a cauldron or a beer? Interesting brewing technique.

This one’s easy from a Rutgers perspective! Root hard for the most popular team in New Jersey: Notre Dame.

If they win a championship, their fans base will pay more attention to the sport overall. You may get some of them to, say, show up on a ND bye-week, or maybe DVR a Rutgers game by accident.

A rising tide lifts all boats! Go RU!

Last edited:
Sara because I want ND out of the top 4.

BUT... Sara is more of a recruiting threat to us [edit: as many others have pointed out I now see]. I think they would take more players out of New Jersey year-by-year than Notre Dame. I think Notre Dame would take a few of the top players.. but Sara is more of a threat to the type of players that we should be able to get every year. Maybe we should hire Babers.

C'mon meteor!

Reactions: NickRU714
Hard call.
Grew up near Roshester,,,
I have sooo many Cuse friends(and so may "rooters" that never been there)
Cuse has done well!
Notre Dame is a national power(sometimes)
decisions...decisions

kp5OXwWNnq-4.png

'Cuse.I like Babers. Not a Kelly fan,

I don't fear Syracuse. And I want Notre Dame out of the playoff. Bad.

My loathing for both schools is intense. But with the right guy in charge we can take of Syracuse by ourselves. ND must be destroyed.

Notre Dame. They're no real rival to us on the recruiting trail at this point but a renewed Syracuse might be. And if Notre Dame gets into the playoff round they're not going to beat Clemson and they sure as hell won't beat Alabama.

I will be rooting for Syracuse. Not because I don't like Notre Dame but because my friend mocks me so badly. He is a Notre Dame fan and you can't say anything bad about his team without him having a fit. This is a poem he sent me earlier in the season:

Blind Cripple and Crazy U, Bloomer Girl College, School for the Deaf & Dumb, Spazoid U, Mommy Babbs Nursing School, Senior Citizen Rest Home and All Girl Reform School. These are some schools that Ruptured could compete with.

We will never compete vs ND in recruiting. If they’re recruiting the NJ Catholic schools, those kids will go to South Bend 95% of the time. If they are ranked #25 or #1 they will almost always out recruit us.

What we don’t need is Syracuse to be in the top 12 in ranking because they’ll cut into the 3 star recruits in NY and NJ which would be our top of class players for the next two years.

If you’re a 3 star recruit from NY being recruited by Cuse and RU and you see Cuse beat ND In Yankees stadium and see RU lose by 28 to Pedd State, where would you lean?

The only time I would ever root for ND would be if it was against an opponent where that team's victory would cost Rutgers a bowl game or a B1G Title (lol, I made a joke), or perhaps vs. Penn State (maybe).

As a former hater of ND, my kid, and a lot of my money have been going to Notre Dame this year, so I've slowly come around to rooting for them. Glad to see the kids getting enjoyment from the undefeated season! So no question I was rooting for ND over the Orange

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT