ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska coming in for a beating

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
We get our first conference win this Saturday. After an emotional and draining loss to OSU, the huskers are taking their tribe across country for a noon tip and are about to get outplayed by a group who is hungry for a win.

Pikes get in the plus column and he deserves the support so hopefully we can pack the RAC and show what a home court we really have.

Go knights

We get our first conference win this Saturday. After an emotional and draining loss to OSU, the huskers are taking their tribe across country for a noon tip and are about to get outplayed by a group who is hungry for a win.

Pikes get in the plus column and he deserves the support so hopefully we can pack the RAC and show what a home court we really have.

Go knights

Your quote to Gods ears!!! I'll be there!

All these big 10 games are tough, every single one of them. I have to believe that we get over the hump and find that our opponent is cold and we are hot and everything clicks. Saturday is the perfect storm for that to happen.

We do need the 6th man in the worst way to support these guys. The RAC was a nightmare for opponents when we were in the A10 and it was packed and loud. We need our fans to show that we are ready to get back that feeling. We have not executed from the FT line and yes, we lack shooters but we've been damn close in some of these games and if we can create turnovers, it will start to happen.

Have breakfast and get to RAC. We need the students to be loud.

good luck with the students for a noon game...should have had pregame tailgating for them

Nebraska has already won at Maryland and at Indiana

In the recent past Nebraska lost to The College of the Incarnate Word. Any given day.

I remember that game Shields was guarded at times by the freshman guard who transfered. If I remember right Laurent did not even play that game. justin Goode, could not remember his name.

Nebraska game was one of the games where Williams guarded people who were like 4 inches taller than him.

Be have blown four 9 point leads in the BIG this year. We come out fighting which is fun to watch for awhile and then the foul shots don't fall and the ugly outside shots catch up to us. We need to sustain 40 minutes of gritty basketball (apply the press more as some have already mentioned) and improve on our weak areas to come out victorious. If not, we won't win. I do have a good feeling about this game though for some strange reason.

Go knights

I will be there and we will beat them by 10.

Go knights
Good call.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Most telling stat of the game. And it matches exactly what I've been saying. Nebraska shot 8 for 24 from three point range and Rutgers shot 3 for 6. It wasn't that Rutgers just wanted to take 6 three pointers either. We just can't get open shots. All other teams take many more 3 pointers and that's how they win. We shot 70% from the line today

Hey, that's UNIVERSITY of the Incarnate Word, and don't you forget it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What exactly is the Incarnate Word ?

You mean you haven't heard the good news?

JWs.jpg

Lower case beating with no exclamation point, but a beating none the less. Like the way you think.

Right on Bowlgoal...great call. What a game. Great student turnout. Rest of the crowd good but not a sellout but still pretty loud. Getting close to getting the RAC back and rocking like the old days. Congrats on a great win!

Go knights

Well done. Now, Please predict 4 or 5 more conference wins!

I marched today. I Marched into the Colonial Diner for breakfast, then marched into the RAC and then marched out smiling with our first Big 10 victory.

Our kids fought so damn hard today to get this victory and it felt really good to be a Rutgers fan. I guess I was a little too optimistic when I called for a beat down but who cares. We friggin won.

Thank you Corey! You played like a champion.

I also just confirmed that the Huskers shook hands with our coaches and players and confirmed they lost the game. There was no looting or rioting. They will post the loss on their record and continue playing out the season. Rutgers has officially won their first Big 10 game.

Nice win considering they got nothing from Mike Williams (0 pts 0/4) or Thiam (hurt?, DNP). With the defensive intensity they will win alot of games if somebody can give the 25 points like Corey. Hopefully he stays hot!

Nice win considering they got nothing from Mike Williams (0 pts 0/4) or Thiam (hurt?, DNP). With the defensive intensity they will win alot of games if somebody can give the 25 points like Corey. Hopefully he stays hot!
Six three pointers attempted for the entire team. That is not a recipe for winning many more games.

And some of our fans think we can't win any games and yes Nebraska beat Indiana. Need Corey to play well.

Last edited:
Corey playing like that is great. But someone else needs to step up on offense. And I mean consistently. Corey can't be expected to do that every game. One of these "shooters" needs to get on track and quick.

And some of our fans think we can't win any games and yes Nebraska beat Indiana. Need Corey to play well.
We had only 6 three point attempts and that's about all the attempts we had. Maybe Nigel opted not to take one other and Sa refrained from hoisting one or two that would have been bad shots but that was it.

If you've watched every game you'll see that our offensive pace is just slower than every big 10 team and that includes dribbling, passing, screens, etc. i remember watching the difficulty of getting open shots against some of the lower level teams we've played. We have to continue to press the conditioning and improve the talent with faster recruits. I think Steve is getting almost every ounce of energy out of these guys. Even looks like CJ dropped a few pounds.

ADVERTISEMENT