ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Has Runza, The World Has Sushi, And Due To Our New Naming Deal, Rutgers Now Has The Rushi

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
We can get ahead of this thing and preemptively decide what goes into a Rushi Sandwich. Something respectable and yet something very Jersey (not as easy as it sounds).

First suggestion is: Broiled chicken or fish, tomato, lettuce, a smattering of diced lobster, one slice of pork roll, and a sauce yet to be determined, on either a round roll or ciabatta bread.

Keep in mind we may be living with this for decades. In the case of a tiebreaker, @MrsScrew and @RUScrew85 cast the deciding vote (voting as a block of one).

Reactions: 17Q66
Hmm. what would be the quintessential "Rutgers" sandwich? (other than the fat sandwiches.. specifically the original FatCat).

A greasy tony's "trash can"?

A stuff yer face "superboli"?

A little teddy's italian sub?

I propose a pizza steak with mozzarella sticks on it on a Portuguese roll.

That has the cheese steak covered, boli covered (in a fashion), sub covered and an element of a fat sandwich.

And since Shi means Yes in Chinese.. the sandwich is RU? YES

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Hmm. what would be the quintessential "Rutgers" sandwich? (other than the fat sandwiches.. specifically the original FatCat).

A greasy tony's "trash can"?

A stuff yer face "superboli"?

A little teddy's italian sub?

I propose a pizza steak with mozzarella sticks on it.

That has the cheese steak covered, boli covered (in a fashion), sub covered and an element of a fat sandwich.

And since Shi means Yes in Chinese.. the sandwich is RU? YES
Gotta be something new, and I'm thinking healthier than what we are normally offered. The compromise I made on my sandwich was the pork roll, which is Jersey and adds flavor. We've got some time to figure it out, but the packaging for the sandwich will of of course be a small cardboard shed.

Gotta be something new, and I'm thinking healthier than what we are normally offered. The compromise I made on my sandwich was the pork roll, which is Jersey and adds flavor. We've got some time to figure it out, but the packaging for the sandwich will of of course be a small cardboard shed.
Because that's what stadium food is known for.. health.

Reactions: huskersalways
Given the need for a Jersey connection, early in the season I'd suggest pork roll topped with fresh tomato slices on a hard roll with an ear of fresh corn on the cob on the side.

Reactions: MrsScrew
We can get ahead of this thing and preemptively decide what goes into a Rushi Sandwich. Something respectable and yet something very Jersey (not as easy as it sounds).

First suggestion is: Broiled chicken or fish, tomato, lettuce, a smattering of diced lobster, one slice of pork roll, and a sauce yet to be determined, on either a round roll or ciabatta bread.

Keep in mind we may be living with this for decades. In the case of a tiebreaker, @MrsScrew and @RUScrew85 cast the deciding vote (voting as a block of one).
Get Runzas shipped in. Name them differently

The Queen...
Hell yes she does! And let nobody forget it from this day forward.

Now back to the original intent of the thread, as started by the most beneficent and forward-thinking OP, what are the ingredients for the sandwich? I will second my own motion and close it out, thereby declaring my recipe as the proverbial and permanent Rushi Sandwich recipe.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Just mail in Runzas. Or Fat Sandwiches.

And you can't call yourself the Queen.

Just mail in Runzas. Or Fat Sandwiches.

And you can't call yourself the Queen.
I would never dare take the Queen's tiara from her precious dome. And you, sir, are not entitled to become a cliche by taking the easy way out. Trendsetting and pioneering are what is required to pull us out of the current mindset we've embraced, so no more weak-kneed bullshit about the post office bringing our food to us. We need.... A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS.

I would never dare take the Queen's tiara from her precious dome. And you, sir, are not entitled to become a cliche by taking the easy way out. Trendsetting and pioneering are what is required to pull us out of the current mindset we've embraced, so no more weak-kneed bullshit about the post office bringing our food to us. We need.... A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS.
Then I recommend no SHI.

Then I recommend no SHI.
Alright, this convo has been productive--The RU NOSHI has potential. We still need a recipe, but now the working title for the sandwich is the RU NOSHI. In a pinch, if space on a menu board is limited, it could be contended to the RUNOSHI, which has a nice ring to it, especially if our run game picks up.

See how this works?

Reactions: RUScrew85
Well since we now play in SHI (gee sure seems like sumthins missin) Stadium The Cheese for this sandwich should be Provolone Piccante type! Its real stinky! and sharp

ADVERTISEMENT