ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska tried to test the B1G again

turns out the B1G does not give one single eff about NU!

Sorry but NU has a LEGITIMATE gripe with the B1G on this just as they did when the conference RETARDEDLY canceled in early Aug. After that blew up, spectacularly on their faces (that idiot Warren) then they reversed course with no wiggle room.

I suspect they will begin to BEG the CFP committee to change dates...

leading from behind...sorry to break it to you.

Is Nebraska trying to cause trouble on purpose? What is next?
You know when they left the B12 I was with them on the whole Texas and the conf keep trying to screw the Huskers. Now that they are in our conf, they seem to be the problem. Why do they not want to play by the rules established. I get not having a game sucks but this is what the conf agreed to so that football could restart.

Sorry but NU has a LEGITIMATE gripe with the B1G on this just as they did when the conference RETARDEDLY canceled in early Aug. After that blew up, spectacularly on their faces (that idiot Warren) then they reversed course with no wiggle room.

The have zero legitimate grip! They have absolutely zero to gain by playing an FCS team. Nothing good would cone from it and there is plenty that could go wrong.

The have zero legitimate grip! They have absolutely zero to gain by playing an FCS team. Nothing good would cone from it and there is plenty that could go wrong.

what do you mean by zero to gain?
they want to play football. Their entire program wants to play, it’s important to them

Reactions: sct1111
The have a legitimate gripe in calling the UW cancellation bullshit...which is what all this stems from...period...end of ****ing story. The B1G is wrong and they probably know it. NU wanting to play UTC is and should be their call...and they should not need to “mother may I!” To the GD conference! If that isn’t clear then I can’t help you.

Shut up already.

Sorry but it’s absurd that the Big Ten will not allow Nebraska to play. I don’t know why people are taking a stance against them on this. They’re not the team that failed tests, Wisconsin is, you guys make no sense.

No it isn't. Whole conference is playing only conference games, a deal made knowing full damn well there would be cancellations. What makes Nebraska so special it gets an exception the very first time? Because they want to trade a loss for an easy win to pad their record? F them.

Also they threw away any good will they might have had with the conference. That's life. Deal.

Sorry but it’s absurd that the Big Ten will not allow Nebraska to play. I don’t know why people are taking a stance against them on this. They’re not the team that failed tests, Wisconsin is, you guys make no sense.
I agree with this mostly. But they should have asked the BIG conference officials first.

Nebraska keeps acting like it’s relevant.

Rules are rules. Partnerships are a partnership. Everyone abides by the same standards.

Otherwise states like Nebraska wouldn’t even get two senate votes.

GO RU

Nebraska is fast becoming the B1G's Tennessee. A one-time Blue Blood that hasn't been a factor since around the turn of the century but has yet to realize it. Hopefully this season will help open its eyes.

Nebraska did this already knowing it would be canceled.

I find it hard to believe this situation was discussed pre-season and decided upon.
"If a game gets cancelled, can we sub in another team?"

As we tell our kids "Asked and answered."
Nebraksa is just looking for attention.

Reactions: koleszar and asgot
what do you mean by zero to gain?
they want to play football. Their entire program wants to play, it’s important to them
But they don't gain anything from it. No fans. No TV money. Win doesn't count in Big Ten Standings. However a lot could go wrong.

Reactions: eceres
The have a legitimate gripe in calling the UW cancellation bullshit...which is what all this stems from...period...end of ****ing story. The B1G is wrong and they probably know it. NU wanting to play UTC is and should be their call...and they should not need to “mother may I!” To the GD conference! If that isn’t clear then I can’t help you.
You stupidity is entirely clear. What a bunch of nonsense!!

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I don't understand why they can't play Chattanooga

the big ten decided no out side games.... if they allowed NU to play an outside game, it would weaken the authority of the
conference.... this is what I think is in play here......

aside from that, I can't see how you can get a game ready in 3 or 4 days......

No it isn't. Whole conference is playing only conference games, a deal made knowing full damn well there would be cancellations. What makes Nebraska so special it gets an exception the very first time? Because they want to trade a loss for an easy win to pad their record? F them.

Also they threw away any good will they might have had with the conference. That's life. Deal.

Wow you sound like somebody from Nebraska stole your girlfriend. Lighten up.

😎

in 5-10 years the huskers are out! They go back to where they sadly belong...being Texas’ bitch and playing to recapture b8 glory with the Texas schools shaking their heads.

NU and Mizzou back to the 12

I’m sure the SEC and B1G can easily find replacements.

why stay in an unhappy marriage. NU and the B1G will never get along and mizzou don’t belong in the SEC (though they seem more willing to be compliant...NU is ornery and vocal)

Last edited by a moderator:
They whined about Texas ruining the Big 12 by the Longhorns doing everything they wanted without the Conference denying them from doing some things their own way.
Now the Cornhuskers are trying to do things their way in the B1G, just like they claimed Texas was doing when Nebraska bolted from the Big 12.
Whatr Neberaska needs to be tod: They are no longer a Big Man on Campus and lost that discription when Texas joined the Big 12 the Cornhusker program is a 2nd teir program in the B1G that can't dictate what they want and have the B1G give in like it would consider to do if one of the top programs wanted an OOC game to replace a lost in-conference game.

SIAP. Never liked Wetzel, however, found the write-up interesting. I do root for all B1G schools to succeed, noting what makes this Conference great is it’s unity requiring schools to play by the same rules.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I think one reason they want to play an FCS school is to secure a win. They know the B1G didn't do them any favor with the schedule. Next, Nebraska would want that game to count in the standings.

Reactions: knightfan7
They whined about Texas ruining the Big 12 by the Longhorns doing everything they wanted without the Conference denying them from doing some things their own way.
Now the Cornhuskers are trying to do things their way in the B1G, just like they claimed Texas was doing when Nebraska bolted from the Big 12.
Whatr Neberaska needs to be tod: They are no longer a Big Man on Campus and lost that discription when Texas joined the Big 12 the Cornhusker program is a 2nd teir program in the B1G that can't dictate what they want and have the B1G give in like it would consider to do if one of the top programs wanted an OOC game to replace a lost in-conference game.
Nebraska is still living in their glory days of the Big 8 when they and Oklahoma ruled. Bullies don't like it when other bullies push them around.

I think one reason they want to play an FCS school is to secure a win. They know the B1G didn't do them any favor with the schedule. Next, Nebraska would want that game to count in the standings.

None of the other schools contacted that had bye weeks had stringent enough testing protocols to match what the Big 10 required. UTC’s was/is more struck than the Big 10’s therefor they tried to work out a deal.

Reactions: ruready07
There should be standards for when a team cannot play, like x number of players and/or y number of coaches positive. If there is and Wiscy followed them fine but if they made the determination on their own then shame on the B10 for allowing them to do this. I don't have a problem with Neby trying go get another game, just keep the teams apart and test everyone a few hours before the game.

There should be standards for when a team cannot play, like x number of players and/or y number of coaches positive. If there is and Wiscy followed them fine but if they made the determination on their own then shame on the B10 for allowing them to do this. I don't have a problem with Neby trying go get another game, just keep the teams apart and test everyone a few hours before the game.
There are protocols. Per last night’s BIG show, Wisconsin’s codes are Orange/Red for test positivity and population positivity rates. Orange/Red means team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition). Wisconsin considered the viability of continuing and decided to pause all football activities for 7 days.

None of the other schools contacted that had bye weeks had stringent enough testing protocols to match what the Big 10 required. UTC’s was/is more struck than the Big 10’s therefor they tried to work out a deal.
There is no chance they test as much as the BIG. Zero.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RURM85

😎

in 5-10 years the huskers are out! They go back to where they sadly belong...being Texas’ bitch and playing to recapture b8 glory with the Texas schools shaking their heads.

NU and Mizzou back to the 12

I’m sure the SEC and B1G can easily find replacements.

why stay in an unhappy marriage. NU and the B1G will never get along and mizzou don’t belong in the SEC (though they seem more willing to be compliant...NU is ornery and vocal)
That sign is funny. Wisc is scared that the streak of beating Neb is going to be over. I wish Neb would leave. Maybe we’ll get a full share faster.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
It won't count in the standings. It's a OOC plus FCS. Does nothing for them. Nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT