ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska tried to test the B1G again

Nebraska did this already knowing it would be canceled.

I find it hard to believe this situation was discussed pre-season and decided upon.
"If a game gets cancelled, can we sub in another team?"

As we tell our kids "Asked and answered."
Nebraksa is just looking for attention.
Don't know the quality of education in Nebraska but here in NJ, "Conference games only" means "Conference games only".

Ego won't help them get into the Playoffs. And beating up on a FCS helps them??
You have no idea how small Nebraska folks are when it comes to winning against anyone. Winning against an FCS team is equally satisfying as winning against Oklahoma. Nebraska still believes they are in the same conversation as Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I have a hunch ... Nebraska said since it’s not a big ten game ... we don’t have to follow B1G protocols on fair home field advantage and wanted to sell tickets, like 25% or 50% or something ... B1G told them to stick it up their Chattanooga

I have a hunch ... Nebraska said since it’s not a big ten game ... we don’t have to follow B1G protocols on fair home field advantage and wanted to sell tickets, like 25% or 50% or something ... B1G told them to stick it up their Chattanooga
I guess doesn’t this season break their record for number of sold out games?

You have no idea how small Nebraska folks are when it comes to winning against anyone. Winning against an FCS team is equally satisfying as winning against Oklahoma. Nebraska still believes they are in the same conversation as Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State.
Let me ask the Nebraska fans this. Where are they getting the money to pay Chattanooga??

It would have counted towards bowl eligibility
Although there are no set requirements (wins) to go bowling, it does help to have as many as possible so you can be selected for one of the better bowls.

The bad player in this little drama is Wisconsin. They didn't have to cancel the game based on B1G protocols, but they lost their QBs and likely would have lost the game thereby dashing their pathetic dreams of making the playoffs. Under the rules in place they had the option of canceling, but were not required to do so, Alvarez, always a borderline cheat at best, took the out and left Nebraska hanging. All Nebraska tried to do was fill in the slot, I don't blame them, they got the short end of the stick, if Chryst and Alvarez were stand up guys it wouldn't be an issue.

Cut Nebraska slack they just want to play. They were going pay $ for no revenue gain.

There are protocols. Per last night’s BIG show, Wisconsin’s codes are Orange/Red for test positivity and population positivity rates. Orange/Red means team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition). Wisconsin considered the viability of continuing and decided to pause all football activities for 7 days.

I thought I read about a certain number of a position group had to be available, and X amount of OL available, or am I thinking of NFL protocols?

Would it have made more sense for Illinois to sit out this week as well since they played Wisconsin last week and possibly could have been exposed to COVID?

In this manner, Nebraska would then play whoever Illinois was scheduled to play this week?

I'm sure all Illinois players have been tested but the above seems prudent and the safest thing to do to ensure no further COVID passing occurs should an Illinois player had been exposed last week in its game vs Wissonsin.

Of course doing the above causes changes to the schedule going forward, but every sport and league is dealing with it on the fly.

Just a thought.

What a mess with COVID. So sick of it.

Reactions: Phi_1055
I thought I read about a certain number of a position group had to be available, and X amount of OL available, or am I thinking of NFL protocols?
The SEC and some of the other conferences have minimum players at positions criteria. For the B1G, I’ve only seen Test and population post it’s rates criteria and they are very stringent. Doesn’t take a lot of player and staff positives for games to be cancelled

I don't like anyone thinking that rules, decided by them and the rest, are simply words that can be avoided whenever it suits them.
This season is already a circus, and filling in voids with subs could become ridiculous.
Nebraska was a powerhouse back in the day but no more. They still think they are a major player which they are not. It sucks, but suck it up!

Would it have made more sense for Illinois to sit out this week as well since they played Wisconsin last week and possibly could have been exposed to COVID?

In this manner, Nebraska would then play whoever Illinois was scheduled to play this week?

I'm sure all Illinois players have been tested but the above seems prudent and the safest thing to do to ensure no further COVID passing occurs should an Illinois player had been exposed last week in its game vs Wissonsin.

Of course doing the above causes changes to the schedule going forward, but every sport and league is dealing with it on the fly.

Just a thought.

Good call.

Just a thought.

I think you were on to something here since it is now being reported that Illinois now has players testing positive. Maybe Nebraska could still play Purdue this weekend if Illinois no longer meets the protocol for playing. I would think the could move the game to Sunday if necessary given that it is already Friday. Won't leave much time for game planning but at this point you just want to get conference games in.

😎

in 5-10 years the huskers are out! They go back to where they sadly belong...being Texas’ bitch and playing to recapture b8 glory with the Texas schools shaking their heads.

NU and Mizzou back to the 12

I’m sure the SEC and B1G can easily find replacements.

why stay in an unhappy marriage. NU and the B1G will never get along and mizzou don’t belong in the SEC (though they seem more willing to be compliant...NU is ornery and vocal)

Nebraska ain’t going anywhere.

Why don't we trade Nebraska for Texas

It's a win win. NU hates Texas. Texas is an elite academic institution, an AAU member, that doesn't put football over everything else.

Then they could back to the B12 free for all.

Seems like a win for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT