ADVERTISEMENT

Neil Solondz on The Scarlet Spotlight podcast

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
Former WCTC and Rutgers broadcaster Neil Solondz joins us.

He talks about his mentors at WRSU and the Targum, working with Bruce Johnson at WCTC and his long broadcasting career in the minor leagues and now with the Tampa Bay Rays.

A great conversation. https://www.thescarletspotlight.com/podcast/2021/5/13/episode-81-neil-solondz

Danny and I also talk football, hoops and preview the NCAA men's and women's lacrosse weekends.

Thanks for listening,

Jon

Should be a great show! I was on Targum for about a year with Neil and you knew that he would be successful in whatever he chose to do. I got the sense back then he was more interested in pursuing broadcast than print. Good guy and I'm happy for his success.

Great feedback on this one. Thanks for all the downloads.

Bruce Beck was from Livingston and the first cousin of my next door neighbor on Leon’s side. Neil and I spoke once and he is somehow related to Bruce. Loved hearing from Neil as he was one of my favorites on Nightline. Also loved Bruce especially when Rutgers was going left to right on my radio dial. I miss Chip from Elizabeth and Rick from Watchung. Two all time radio great callers.

Bruce Beck was from Livingston and the first cousin of my next door neighbor on Leon’s side. Neil and I spoke once and he is somehow related to Bruce. Loved hearing from Neil as he was one of my favorites on Nightline. Also loved Bruce especially when Rutgers was going left to right on my radio dial. I miss Chip from Elizabeth and Rick from Watchung. Two all time radio great callers.
Skip from Elizabeth.

A very nice interview with Neil. I am glad he is doing so well. Skip from Elizabeth was almost always the very first caller. I don't think anyone knows if he is still with us and is doing well.

ADVERTISEMENT