ADVERTISEMENT

NET now 48 as of Monday

8-12 in the conference probably gets us in though we may need a conference tournament win on top. 9-11 makes us 99% to be in.

That's surprising. Reading this board seems like anyone who has an issue with dropping from 11 to 48 in a couple of weeks should be mocked.

Of course it matters. If this team doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament this season is a colossal failure. The NET is a major metric.
You missed my point. Who gives a crap what the net ranking is. We lost 5 of 6. That’s what matters most. Just win. And it improves. I understand what the Net ranking is and how it’s used.

It's a concern, but with if team play gets back to where it was before the team veered off course NET can improve enough to make going to tourney almost assured.
I try to keep a positive attitude when things start looking dark, but can be changed back to the light.

8-12 in the conference probably gets us in though we may need a conference tournament win on top. 9-11 makes us 99% to be in.

Man last year I was constantly yelling at people for being too pessimistic on tourney selections but 8-12? I don't think so.. Honestly think we need 10-10 to be able to lose in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.

Of course it matters. If this team doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament this season is a colossal failure. The NET is a major metric.
Agreed . The measure of a successful season is very clear : just make the tournament , even the first four . Even if we lose there the season is a major success . We are still a part of March madness for the first time in 30 years . That is special . Not making the NCAA tournament will be arguably the most disappointing season in school history

ADVERTISEMENT