ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada tied vs Purdue 38 left ......Nevada FR kicker 56 yd for win!!

Purdue time-out helped kicker get a practice attempt . He seemed confident cause he had the distance on first attempt but was wide right

Reactions: scarletmark
Good the crudy B1G teams need to go back to their place - Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois ... no reason we shouldn’t be better than those in football every single year

Nevada backup kicker just kicked 56 yd FG to get the win as time expired. They were down by 17 points in fourth quarter.

Their qb Strong played very well.
Watched the replay, always get the chills seeing a kid get lifted up on the team’s shoulders. Great moment for the kicker, he will always remember that and will tell his grandkids one day.

Crazy game. I actually watched it last night as I couldn't get to sleep when I got home at 12pm. Great comeback. Purdue was way too careless with the ball. But that's what happens when your run game is atrocious.

Stats have proven icing the kicker doesn't work. Don't these Purdue engineering nerds understand math?? :Surprised:
Coaches do it for the same reason they punt on 4th and short. Nobody second guesses you when you do what is conventional, regardless of what the statistics say you should have done. So stupid.

Especially when the timeout comes so late the kicker gets a practice kick. Kickers almost unanimously say that is actually helpful for them.

Correct; for the first kick, the possible time out actually is a distraction. Then, once it’s used, the kicker can relax and not be concerned with a TO being called.

So we're all happy the SEC didn't have a good weekend, AND we're happy that a Big Ten team lost to a non-P5 team? Can someone explain the rules on when we should be happy and unhappy, because other than Rutgers winning I'm not sure how I should feel. (And given some people's rabid desire to see Ash selling game-used gear on QVC, I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about that this year.)

I want the Big Ten to be the best conference. Period. If we take care of business, what other teams do (other than the top tier in the league) doesn't matter.

So we're all happy the SEC didn't have a good weekend, AND we're happy that a Big Ten team lost to a non-P5 team? Can someone explain the rules on when we should be happy and unhappy, because other than Rutgers winning I'm not sure how I should feel. (And given some people's rabid desire to see Ash selling game-used gear on QVC, I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about that this year.)

I want the Big Ten to be the best conference. Period. If we take care of business, what other teams do (other than the top tier in the league) doesn't matter.
RULE: root for who you want

Are you familiar with Jay Norvell (Nevada's HC). He has Hal Mumme's son, Matt, is Jay's OC. Matt also runs an air raid offense.
https://nevadawolfpack.com/staff.aspx?staff=287
Vaguely I do remember him as Callahan's OC when he was at Nebraska and he was on the Raider's staff as well when I still paid attention to them as a fan. I also know he took over in Strong's second season at Texas as interim OC when Shawn Watson was let go after Strong tried to convert to a spread but with the same prostyle OC. Didn't work out and Strong hired Sterlin Gilbert after that. Don't know much beyond that.

Good lineage obviously with Matt, see how the offense does in his 3rd year there.

Nevada coach Jay Norvell won a Big Ten title as a starting S at Iowa in 1985. They had a big win at Purdue in that season.

He was on Bob Stoops staff at OU, in the past. Stoops was at Iowa's opener, as honorary captain. Iowa rebounded from 20 down years in 1981 and 1982, Stoops junior and senior season.

Norvell is doing well heading into his third season at Nevada.

In general I root against the SEC and ACC whenever possible (moreso SEC), and for obviously the big dogs (OSU, MSU) to prevail over the SEC big dogs whenever applicable (bowls, etc). I root against the little guys of the B1G because that is Rutgers’ current competition and don’t want Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana etc to start getting full of themselves thinking we will be the new doormat for all eternity because of the unfortunate timing of the Ash error hire

And Northwestern looked weak vs Stanford but we all know the first game doesn't always tell the whole story. Lets watch a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT