ADVERTISEMENT

New 2017 offer - combo guard Luke Loewe

6'4" Combo Guard, Shooter and nice penetration to the hoop.

Last edited:
Well, who doesn't prefer tall guards given the choice?

More than half of college basketball....just a wild guess.

UCONN.....they killed it with small quick guards.
Louisville seems to have a lot of small quick guards in their system.
Villanova under Jay Wright....small and quick guards ?

Lots of teams would take small quick guards over taller and slower....except Wisconsin and that's "by choice ".

Tall and quick = NBA player and they don't grow on trees.

Last edited:
January 2016 article has Luke Loewe leaving his high school team. And, oddly, some flap about stat-keeping at his high school. And another article indicates that Loewe may be the second best player at Ripon HS, to 6'7" Bennett Vander Plas. Both Vander Plas and Loewe have been offered by Wisconsin-Green Bay. Loewe offered by St. Josephs, too.

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/stor...pon-basketball-stats-under-scrutiny/79017188/

Last edited:
Looks like a point guard, needs to hit the weight room, definitely has some great skills, we'd be lucky to get him

More than half of college basketball....just a wild guess.

UCONN.....they killed it with small quick guards.
Louisville seems to have a lot of small quick guards in their system.
Villanova under Jay Wright....small and quick guards ?

Lots of teams would take small quick guards over taller and slower....except Wisconsin and that's "by choice ".

Tall and quick = NBA player and they don't grow on trees.
Okay, I see your point when you put it that way. But I don't think the teams you mentioned are actively recruiting short guards as much as they are targeting quick guards.

Let's get the future NBA players on our team.

Is Rutgers still pursuing Loewe? I ask because the Wisconsin Playground Warriors are are on the team list for next week's NY2LA Summer Jam in Milwaukee. If Rivals doesn't assign me games to watch, I'll check out the WPW and try to get an update on his recruitment.

Reactions: RC71 and LC-88
Is Rutgers still pursuing Loewe? I ask because the Wisconsin Playground Warriors are are on the team list for next week's NY2LA Summer Jam in Milwaukee. If Rivals doesn't assign me games to watch, I'll check out the WPW and try to get an update on his recruitment.
He visited on June 22nd so I believe so, looks like we're still his only major offer.

I watched Loewe Wednesday evening in Milwaukee. He makes good decisions with the basketball and although he had problems when guarded by smaller quicker guards he is a pretty solid ball handler. He is not very strong nor is he explosive off the dribble or when attacking the rim. Several times he got past his man but couldn't finish at the rim. Defensively he was okay in the game I watched, but he didn't seem quick enough laterally to defend most high major guards. His jump shot was ineffective in the game I watched but his team used him at the 2G position nonetheless.

Loewe does hustle and play within the structure of the offense but he struck me as a MM prospect. In fact, other than Coach Gard from Wisconsin, I didn't see any other HM coaches watching the game. Gard was pretty much there so that Kobe King would "feel the love."

I watched Loewe Wednesday evening in Milwaukee. He makes good decisions with the basketball and although he had problems when guarded by smaller quicker guards he is a pretty solid ball handler. He is not very strong nor is he explosive off the dribble or when attacking the rim. Several times he got past his man but couldn't finish at the rim. Defensively he was okay in the game I watched, but he didn't seem quick enough laterally to defend most high major guards. His jump shot was ineffective in the game I watched but his team used him at the 2G position nonetheless.

Loewe does hustle and play within the structure of the offense but he struck me as a MM prospect. In fact, other than Coach Gard from Wisconsin, I didn't see any other HM coaches watching the game. Gard was pretty much there so that Kobe King would "feel the love."
Reading comments about Rutgers recruits is very interesting especially regarding their skillset.Rutgers continued problem in finding offensive threats who can shoot off the dribble and also are a consistent outside shooter seems hard to resolve .In a power conference such skills are a necessity to be successful.

That report makes him sound like a Justi Goode Clone. speaking of, any transfer news on where he ended up?

Twitter announced he is at Broward CC in Florida. At least he doesn't have to sit a year and maybe he can get major minutes and after next season maybe he can get another scholarship somewhere.

Good luck to Luke. After we landed Geo I don't think we needed another 2G. Hopefully we can get Jose Alvarado as a PG.

Comitted to William & Mary
I think that is a good spot for him. Like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I felt that he was a MM prospect. At W&M he is unlikely to be recruited over, will get developed and in their version of the Princeton offense he could shine coming off of back door cuts.

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
ADVERTISEMENT