ADVERTISEMENT

Football New 2020 Rutgers Football uniforms

I read it as For The Chop.

Like how Miami says, “All For The U”
with their hands gesture.

Love them! I also like using #52 and since it is retired maybe they could've put LeGrand on the back since they chose to leave it blank for the promo...or even F.A.M.I.L.Y.

NOT a complaint or a nit, just a suggestion for the promos....

Love them! I also like using #52 and since it is retired maybe they could've put LeGrand on the back since they chose to leave it blank for the promo...or even F.A.M.I.L.Y.

NOT a complaint or a nit, just a suggestion for the promos....
The #52 is good enough. And smart on many levels.

The F on the helmet covers the family part.

Reactions: Leonard23
That's not exactly going out on a limb with Schiano.
While true.. you just never know who is really in charge.. Rutgers, Hobbs, Schiano, Players or even Addidas.

Paused video on back of helmet.. the pad at the bottom says SCARLET KNIGHTS in some kind of 3D relief raised letters.. there is a circle BELIEVE sticker... and American flag sticker

:ThumbsUp

Don't like the position of the R on the pants.. the old way was better.. right or left leg but more in front. nor the Adidas logo on the socks.. no logo there is better or white on white..

Last edited:
only thing I miss from the Ash uniforms is the image of NJ on the uniforms, which were a fantastic touch.

only thing I miss from the Ash uniforms is the image of NJ on the uniforms, which were a fantastic touch.
Couldve put the outline of NJ on the back of the helmets like most college teams do.

Good- finally back to matching the "REAL" football Uniforms I have framed and hanging in my Den!

This is awesome. People don’t realize that the number font is OUR “Rutgers” font, the same as the letters ... not the “Chicago Bears” because of what you think their #6 and #9 look vaguely similar by coincidence to our font. It’s one single font, and should be used in perpetuity across all athletics uniforms Here! Great job
I think the are a combination of the old and new font. They don’t look like the old font.

my only request would be...can we please avoid the pajama all-scarlet look?
I feel the same way and fortunately red pants do not appear anywhere in the video, so that's a good sign.

What does F.T.C stand for on the helmet front?
My favorite thing about that is that this time they remembered to put the period at the end of the last letter in the acronym, unlike when they had F.A.M.I.L.Y on the back of the jersey.

Reactions: GORU2014
I feel the same way and fortunately red pants do not appear anywhere in the video, so that's a good sign.

My favorite thing about that is that this time they remembered to put the period at the end of the last letter in the acronym, unlike when they had F.A.M.I.L.Y on the back of the jersey.

As I remember it the period at the end was left off intentionally but forget why

I like these a lot as I Tweeted out. I am not like most guys in their 20s who like flashy. Give me old school anything any day of the week.

These are classic with some twists.

Exactly. These are the 2007 uniforms.
Actually these are most similar to the 2008 uniforms. 2006 uniforms were kind of trash to be honest (all printed, "Rutgers" font didnt match anything). 2007 uniforms were the first stiched uniforms with the correct "Rutgers" font but retained block numbers (which looked cool too). In 2008 the numeral font changed to match (and is what we see today).

Last edited:
Actually these are most similar to the 2008 uniforms. 2006 uniforms were kind of trash to be honest (all printed, "Rutgers" font didnt match anything). 2007 uniforms were the first stiched uniforms with the correct "Rutgers" font but retained block numbers (which looked cool too). In 2008 the numeral font changed to match (and is what we see today).
You’re right, the numbering.

The uniform looks great I think. I hate video like this. Just show me the new uniform. I don’t need 100 cut always and all the smoke and lighting effects.

Reactions: robcac26
About the years... yes.. it is 2007 or 8.. I recall in those years I mentioned how when stretched tight, the R and S end up pulled near the underarms making it hard to get an action shot where you can see RUTGERS. It is a tough thing to get "right". The numbers have to be a certain weight and size and distance apart and same thing for "RUTGERS" to fit across the numbers from edge to edge.. especially with our serif block typeface.

I think they did a good job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT