ADVERTISEMENT

New Boom! from Goody

does that mean our 197 redshirts to get stronger and then comes back in 2023 as a beast

does that mean our 197 redshirts to get stronger and then comes back in 2023 as a beast
Janzer already redshirted. And it is no lock that he will beat Janzer out. He went 1-2 this year at NCAA's. Was named and AA the year there was not a tournament. He will help as he and Janzer will push each other to see who starts, but it will be pretty much a toss up.

I don't like it, kid was AA the year they handed out AA's. He is 1-6 in his other trips to NCAA's. I would stick with Janzer.

I don't like it, kid was AA the year they handed out AA's. He is 1-6 in his other trips to NCAA's. I would stick with Janzer.
He’s still a 4x qualifier but yeah how did they pick who AA were the year they were handing them out??

Janzer was ranked ~#25 in February. Not sure what happened after late Feb., but this looks to be a good pickup to my tired eyes. Kudos to Goody once again.

2/25/21

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.
– The NCAA released its second round of Division I Wrestling coaches panel rankings on Thursday. Clarion's Greg Bulsak remains the sole ranked wrestler for the Golden Eagles, checking in at ninth in the poll, two weeks after ranking eighth at 197 pounds.

Bulsak, a three-time NCAA qualifier and reigning Mid-American Conference (MAC) champion at 197 pounds, owns a 7-0 record with three wins by fall in 2021 and is considered a contender by all national publications, ranking as high as fifth in the country according to some. The redshirt senior is carrying a 23-match win streak dating back to the middle of last season and has not lost since the fifth-place match at the Cliff Keen Invitational in Las Vegas last year.

Bulsak will look to improve his standing, as well as clinch his spot at the NCAA Championships, this weekend when he competes at the MAC Championships hosted by Rider. He will enter the 197-pound bracket as the top seed in the field.

Pretty strange they were giving out 16 AA instead of 8.. wasn’t even aware they did this...so does this make Alverez an AA? 😄
That's funny. I didn't catch that. But a great pickup nonetheless. He's got great partners so he should make improvements and put himself in contention to place

Bulsak has some decent career wins, including over tanner Sloan(Sloan won the last meeting though) and psu’s Beard

Reactions: njsportsphan
Bulsak has some decent career wins, including over tanner Sloan(Sloan won the last meeting though) and psu’s Beard
He's really good on top. Needs to get in better shape and work on his neutral defense. I think he can be a AA next year

Curious pickup on the surface but he definitely has much more offense than Janzer. He is 7-7 vs. common opponents while Janzer is 4-7. Hopefully they can push each other for the next year, so as a 6th year guy and someone who probably isn't getting any money it's a nice addition to the room. Janzer was definitely undersized and with his lack of offense, the coaches obviously felt he still needs a lot of development.

Has a bunch of wins over NQs including Beard (PSU), Buchanan (Wyo), Sloan (SDSU), Aiello (UVA), Laird (Rider), etc. Was even more successful in loses against B1G foes as well as he lost to Penola (PU) 6-4 while Janzer lost by MD 10-1 and 4-0 earlier in the season

(vs. Sloan)

I like it. He'll push Janzer for the starting spot making them both better. Competition with Grello made Turley better I see the same happening at this weight class. Having two NQ's in the room at the same weight class is going to be a battle every day.

Janzer is small he's not a 197 he's closer to a 184 then a 197. Issue is he can't start at 184. 174 has Turley. That's a good thing to take the program to the next level gotta have solid backups

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Janzer is small he's not a 197 he's closer to a 184 then a 197. Issue is he can't start at 184. 174 has Turley. That's a good thing to take the program to the next level gotta have solid backups
Like I said earlier, it will be good for both of them to push each other to see who the man is at 197. But to think Bulsak is a lock to start is just not true. As someone stated he is 1-6 in three trips to the Nationals.....Janzer will be a little bigger and a little stronger next year, lets see how it plays out.

I said the same about Pagano. He looked small at 197 and took some lumps early. Once he adjusted to the weight he was on fire beating guys like Brucki then the injury(during practice) and subsequent Covid shutdown. It was said Janzer was going toe to toe with Pagano. Janzer had what 4 matches to adjust before B1G's it simply wasn't enough time. He either starts opening up his offense or he'll find himself sitting on the bench.

Curious pickup on the surface but he definitely has much more offense than Janzer. He is 7-7 vs. common opponents while Janzer is 4-7. Hopefully they can push each other for the next year, so as a 6th year guy and someone who probably isn't getting any money it's a nice addition to the room. Janzer was definitely undersized and with his lack of offense, the coaches obviously felt he still needs a lot of development.

Has a bunch of wins over NQs including Beard (PSU), Buchanan (Wyo), Sloan (SDSU), Aiello (UVA), Laird (Rider), etc. Was even more successful in loses against B1G foes as well as he lost to Penola (PU) 6-4 while Janzer lost by MD 10-1 and 4-0 earlier in the season

(vs. Sloan)

I strongly dislike Penola. He acts like such a douche every time he wins.

I said the same about Pagano. He looked small at 197 and took some lumps early. Once he adjusted to the weight he was on fire beating guys like Brucki then the injury(during practice) and subsequent Covid shutdown. It was said Janzer was going toe to toe with Pagano. Janzer had what 4 matches to adjust before B1G's it simply wasn't enough time. He either starts opening up his offense or he'll find himself sitting on the bench.
Yes will be backup likely 184.

We need to replace Leo with an upper weight coach. We're getting the recruits. They need to be developed. JMHO. $$$$
I would say if Ashnault is added to the staff(the odds on favorite) then it’s imperative the SKWC adds another upper weight to fill his spot. With Martin and another upper weight I would feel a lot more confident in Rutgers ability to continue.to develop these kids.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Can someone answer if Graff is still in the picture? It doesn't appear so, but I'm not sure if that's cause of the Covid situation.

Janzer walks around at 220. He definitely looks small but he can’t be a 184 anymore.

Reactions: elvis7
Bulsak looks like a true 97 a lot bigger than janzer. I was starting to block legs toward the end of his video LOL

We need to replace Leo with an upper weight coach. We're getting the recruits. They need to be developed. JMHO. $$$$
You don't think Goodale, Pritzlaff, and Ashnault can develop them (not to mention Pollard and Leo are still there and the upper weights will now be able to wrestle with Martin)? I'd like to see them add another upper weight to SKWC but I'm not concerned about the coaches developing kids at any weight.
I would say if Ashnault is added to the staff(the odds on favorite) then it’s imperative the SKWC adds another upper weight to fill his spot. With Martin and another upper weight I would feel a lot more confident in Rutgers ability to continue.to develop these kids.
Agreed that they need to add another SKWC upper weight, but they likely need to add more than that if Ashnault moves to the Rutgers assistant coach position, and there appear to be some questions regarding Graff.
Can someone answer if Graff is still in the picture? It doesn't appear so, but I'm not sure if that's cause of the Covid situation.
I was wondering if he's transitioning out to something else when he didn't wrestle freestyle in the Olympic Trials, or whether it was covid related. Anyone have info? Looks like he's running a clinic in Cincy this weekend.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Len33: I'm sure they have a plan and it's coming soon. The other issue here is that an extremely talented young man may be about to begin his career as a college wrestling coach. That's exciting for him, and frankly, good news for the future of our program. All good. $$$$

ADVERTISEMENT