ADVERTISEMENT

New Brunswick mayoral lawsuit against Rutgers Board of Governors moves forward

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
A New Brunswick mayoral candidate, a Rutgers University alumnus, is suing members his alma mater's board of governors in an attempt to make out-of-state members resign.

Charlie Kratovil, founder and editor of the New Brunswick Today newspaper, is allowed to proceed in his civil lawsuit against the university's board members after a judge in Mercer County Superior Court denied a motion to dismiss the case.

His lawsuit aims to remove four members of the Rutgers University Board of Governors.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...or-lawsuit-rutgers-board-governors/956270002/

Why in the world did this include references to the chancellor resigning,the handful of credit card players,and the RWJBarnabas alliance? And yes,I do think their primary residence should be in NJ.

I really don't have a problem with what Charlie is trying to do. Our BOGs are the assclowns IMO, not him.

This seems like a personal attack on I would guess one particular board member whom Kratovil has differing ideologies for RU then.

First and easiest question to find this out .. Is Kratovil anti- "big time" athletics? i.e. is he of the thought that RU should be more like Colgate or Bucknell than University of Michigan or UVA? If he's anti athletics I would guess he's trying to take out Greg Brown.

I could be completely off with this line of thinking but it sure does smell like a political move aimed at a specific person or two

This seems like a personal attack on I would guess one particular board member whom Kratovil has differing ideologies for RU then.

First and easiest question to find this out .. Is Kratovil anti- "big time" athletics? i.e. is he of the thought that RU should be more like Colgate or Bucknell than University of Michigan or UVA? If he's anti athletics I would guess he's trying to take out Greg Brown.

I could be completely off with this line of thinking but it sure does smell like a political move aimed at a specific person or two

Greg Brown has a place in Highland Park I believe.

Not totally sure but I'm trying to recall if he was sympathetic to the Rutgers 100(0) cause going back about a decade or more during Schiano's tenure.

I don't necessarily disagree with the position that any gubernatorially appointed BoG members be required to reside in NJ.

Why the writer forced into this article about the chancellor resigning or the credit card fraud, I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

I'm going to guess that his beef is with Christie who signed the law requiring state employees to live in NJ, impacting run-of-the-mill Rutgers employees who lived out of state, while Christie appointed out-of-state BOG members.

First and easiest question to find this out .. Is Kratovil anti- "big time" athletics? i.e. is he of the thought that RU should be more like Colgate or Bucknell than University of Michigan or UVA?

I don't know whether he is or isn't, but thankfully, this ship has sailed. Rutgers is now married to big time athletics. The only decision left to make is whether we want to be competitive or not.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT