ADVERTISEMENT

Football New Depth Chart versus Illinois

Everyone is eligible for another year. [if they want}. No hit to the 85 scholarship limit next year.

This is good news, but I am curious. What happens to the commits of 2021 if many decide to stay? Does Greg have to pull scholarship offers or can the NCAA increase the limit? It's a nice problem to have but I just feel bad for this year's class.

Reactions: Kbee3
This is good news, but I am curious. What happens to the commits of 2021 if many decide to stay? Does Greg have to pull scholarship offers or can the NCAA increase the limit? It's a nice problem to have but I just feel bad for this year's class.

If you're not a starter your probably not invited back. If your getting serious nfl interest you'll move up (affects bigger schools a lot more).

This.
The one time exception is for the 2021 season.’
Assume in 2022 it’s back to 85 scholarship players.

Interesting. If GS can keep some upperclassmen impact players for another year, he could make hay with a loaded roster, while possibly redshirting some newcomers as needed. As noted above, it will probably affect the bigger programs more as their older players are more likely to go to the NFL. They still reload, but will have younger teams than programs like RU.

Reactions: redking
The million dollar question is how many true seniors will jump at the opportunity to spend one more year in schianos program. I’d have to think fogg, fatukasi, and white will be intrigued. Melton on the offensive side.
It would be awesome if that D-line returned for 2021.

Reactions: colbert17
The million dollar question is how many true seniors will jump at the opportunity to spend one more year in schianos program. I’d have to think fogg, fatukasi, and white will be intrigued. Melton on the offensive side.
If your not going pro and you are a contributor why wouldn’t you? What’s the rush to go find a regular job?

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT