ADVERTISEMENT

New England Preps

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Once again,no more fertile recruiting territory in the country. Rutgers has 2 recruiters with strong ties there. Though the offer to Tyler Betsey was only yesterday,Rutgers is in it strongly along with Iowa and Syracuse.Steve has a 30 year friendship with Jere Quin.Iowa also recruits the preps well.Betsey has a relationship with both Dylan Harper and Papa Kante. Will 1 plus 1 plus 1 =3. Too early but not out of the question.

Could you imagine:
Gavin
Kante
Betsey
Harper
Simpson

on the floor together?
That would be Blue Ribbon magazine preseason no. 5.Or better.That's a team which would have similar talent to 76.

Last edited:
Was talking to someone today who straightened me out. I was conflating Cheshire Academy with Cheshire High School. Larry Griffiths went to Cheshire High School. 72, you might know this better than I would. The speculation is that UConn held Larry Griffiths on a string and he was expecting a scholly that never came ...and so no surprise that Gavin didn't pick UConn. Larry Griffiths was an all time great at Hartford, but clearly could have played on a larger stage.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Hasn’t happened yet so let’s temper the plaudits a little for now.

ADVERTISEMENT