ADVERTISEMENT

New Expectations

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
The team has done a tremendous job keeping its head down, getting better, and rattling off 11 straight wins. Now they are ranked #19/#21 in the polls, and they'll have a target on their backs. No game in the B10, particularly on the road, is going to be easy. While no one knew what to expect coming in to the season, the team and CVS has created new expectations of top 25 performances on a nightly basis. The turnaround is real and the team is no longer comparing themselves to the performance of last year.

As CVS said in a recent presser, the true test of the team will be when they're faced with their next loss, but she was optimistic they'd handle adversity well. Looking forward to seeing what they bring!

Now, beat Purdue.

Reactions: KevH and dmd78
I think they will do fine, just continue playing Scarlet Knight basketball which is defense first and let the offense flow.

Nigia Greene has been the difference these last two games and its great to see her show the basketball world how good she can be.

Shooting 2-12 ... down 10-4 after the 1st ... still early but looking slow and out of it.

10 points per half!
bad half but might just be a WTF game that shows a lot more work needed.
2nd half will show if this team can overcome self made handicaps .
Thjat's what I call 5-24 shooting, no matter how well the opposing D plays RU needs to overcome the D and poor offensive performance.
as I wrote this long winded message RU came out looking better

ADVERTISEMENT