ADVERTISEMENT

New FB Commit! Donald Williams

People will say "just a two star" but his offer sheet is pretty good. Maryland, West Virginia, Temple.

Welcome Donald! Ash was all over him and he's knows DBs so i think you'll see his stock rise significantly. Good size already. Likes to hit. I like him.

Todderick article. Nice going by Coach Ash:
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._personal_recruitment_played_huge_role_i.html
Chris Ash's personal recruitment played huge role in 3-star Donald Williams' Rutgers pledge

'Hey coach, I want to play for you. I really appreciate you for giving me an opportunity. There aren't too many head coaches out there like you.'

screen-shot-2018-04-22-at-41141-pmpng-a6f1425789d8930e.png

Ash went the extra mile in securing the physical South Jersey DB to the fold, providing him feedback on training and technique when asked.
"He coached me up as a player and he isn't even my coach yet. That's crazy. I'll send him my workout clips and he'll tell me the things he likes, the things he doesn't like and the things I can work on and I'll fix it. I really like that," Williams said. "One of my fears before I even did that was what if I send him this and he doesn't like it at all and he just stops liking me, period. But I'm like, forget it, let me just send it."

If the players are good enough in the classroom and off/on the field, open up those pipelines from Camden, Newark, Jersey City, Atlantic City, etc. I'm sure those kids are willing to prove they're worth the chances that those top dogs from St. Somebody are always tossing aside.

States "he's Rutgers through and through", but will be taking visits to other schools. I just don't get it!
Yea...well see. His commit will cause other db's to commit (which may put pressure to not visit elsewhere) and unless those other schools can magically create a coach ash and Robinson clone I'm not worried

Yea...well see. His commit will cause other db's to commit (which may put pressure to not visit elsewhere) and unless those other schools can magically create a coach ash and Robinson clone I'm not worried
It's just that I've heard that line before too many times.

Even though he announced that he got an offer from Pitt today, I still say open up those pipelines from Camden, Camden County, Newark, Jersey City, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT