ADVERTISEMENT

New Jersey high school basketball

No,

But I remember Jake Simmenski who averaged 2.4 points per game and .9 assists per game at Hymenstore High School in 1998

Reactions: RUONTHERISE
I'm writing a book on basketball now. He lived in NJ. I wondered if anyone here could tell me more about him.
---
ok.... sorry I cannot help with that player, is your interest just in that player, I followed high school bb a bit at that time and might know a little about others

Reactions: bowlgoal
unless this was you, there was someone named Nelson with the same idea to write a book about him.....Nelson apparently gave up the idea after about a month because he had a hard time digging up any info.... I see Nelson was on a couple of web sites trying to find stuff out...

someone named bob pasterniak claimed to be his brother in law in the brief thread....possibly if this bob reads that site, and is his brother in law, he could steer you in the right direction
I would click on this and send him a reply

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/wilkes-barre-pa/T66HP7T2CMVQBJ7DG

edit:.... this book has quite a bit of detail

chapter 14, page 45 of this book give an account of drugs, died of liver and kidney failure...

the death of his father, the US struggles with the vietnam war supposedly caused problems

https://books.google.com/books?id=SjpQsEoMPdkC&pg=PA45&dq=michael+wilkes+basketball+virginia&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCv_-ek8nUAhWKWj4KHSPIDqQQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q=michael wilkes basketball virginia&f=false

Last edited:
Have talked with him before. Very nice man. Mike Wilkes comes from a very nice family. I would never write anything negative about Mike

I'm interested in finding out other possible sources.
If I can't find them, I will abandon the idea of doing the book.
---
the link at the very bottom of my last post seems to give an idea
what happened to the guy..... it seems a real shame since
he should have had a decent career, decent life in front of him

It sounds like it would be difficult to write a book that was not negative about
Mike, at least near the end of his life.

ADVERTISEMENT