ADVERTISEMENT

New JuCo prospect

Russ Wood

All American
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rutgers was at Casper (Wyoming) College this week to see 6-foot-6 small forward Vince Franklin.

I don't know much about Franklin other than he is from Brooklyn and attended a Prep school in North Carolina before going JuCo.

Reactions: Local Shill
Not much info out there on him except for the fact that he scored 6 ppg last year or something like that. meant to post this yesterday but forgot

Scoring is a weakness at Rutgers.Scholarships are limited .I would continue the search for players that can make a immediate contribution on offense and defense.

Not much info out there on him except for the fact that he scored 6 ppg last year or something like that. meant to post this yesterday but forgot

I located this short write up on the website for his AAU team when he was still in New York.

Vince Franklin is a strong and athletic small forward from Harlem, New York. He is the perfect on almost any team because he does all the little things needed to win games. He dives on the floor and goes after every loose ball. He pursues every shot and grabs several offensive and defensive rebounds per game, leading to second chance points. Vince is also a very explosive and has the ability to pull off posterizing dunks.

One video of him running the floor for Caspar College.

[QUOTE="

Vince Franklin is a strong and athletic small forward from Harlem, New York. He is the perfect on almost any team because he does all the little things needed to win games. He dives on the floor and goes after every loose ball. He pursues every shot and grabs several offensive and defensive rebounds per game, leading to second chance points. Vince is also a very explosive and has the ability to pull off posterizing dunks.
[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what we need.
Someone to do the dirty work with a lunch pail attitude.

[QUOTE="

This is EXACTLY what we need.
Someone to do the dirty work with a lunch pail attitude.[/QUOTE]

THINK Joel Salvi!

Yeah I think we got a few lunch pail types on this team already. As people said, we need points.

Yeah I think we got a few lunch pail types on this team already. As people said, we need points.

Yeah, of course we need points, but we also need to improve the culture where players will do whatever it takes to win.
Diving on balls, work hard for boards, etc.
We did not have that last year.

So if we can't get points, let's get to work on D and the boards.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
I'm pretty sure anyone who's seen this team knows we need quality shooters. Hoping we can bring someone in who can light it up next year.

I'm pretty sure anyone who's seen this team knows we need quality shooters. Hoping we can bring someone in who can light it up next year.

Watch out for Baker. All I am saying. If you give that kid a weight room, and some instruction, 4 star player. Easily.

We don't need more guys brought in to specifically dive for balls. We need more guys already on the team to dive for balls.

It's crazy to say, but scholarships are somehow at a premium right now. The guys we bring in from here on out in this class and possibly the next should be perceived as future high-level starters.

The only one-dimensional skill I can think of that may get even looked at should be shooting. But even then if we have a shooter who can't get his own shot or play D, then it may be useless.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
At this stage I am going to trust the coach on this one. I would love to see our programmed modeled after the way PITT built their program. Can someone give me our batting average with guys we recruit that are "shooters"?

ADVERTISEMENT