ADVERTISEMENT

New Mexico @ Rutgers GAME THREAD

damn defense sucks we keep missing assignments. not good that we start slow 3 times in a row

Good defense. 1St time New Mexico has to punt after getting the ball 1st all year. 3 and out.

And then we turn it over one second later....

Inexperienced LB's and no DL penetration will make for a long day. They need to be better.

Things never seem to go well early for this team. I can't recall Grant having much of an issue muffing punts throughout his career.

This is not the type of team you want to get down on early. Their style of play makes it really hard to make a come back on.

So we need to answer here or we are in trouble.

We had the perimeter well defended. It's clear that they will not look to pass with Apodaca. They also not trying to outside the tackles.

it's on the players not coaching. they are too inconsistent

as i type laviano guns it underneath in double coverage. that's on the player

I guess that gaping hole to run for the first down was too much for Laviano. The throw into double coverage is a much better option. SMH

Reactions: Rutgers Man 22
its on the players period. Janarion grant does not need to be coached to catch a punt. Its execution, and that something a board of fans can never identify.

Coaching involves mentally motivating your players..look im not posting this to pile on Ash but for 3 games the team was brainless at the start

Reactions: DanceAppreciationTA
ADVERTISEMENT