ADVERTISEMENT

New NJ.com RU beat writer

mikemarc1

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2005
Ryan Dunleavy is leaving the Rutgers beat to cover the Giants for NJ.com.

James Kratch will now take over the RU beat.

Won't make a difference. They have an agenda and that agenda will be followed. They write the good when it happens and they move on, they write the bad when it happens and never let go.

Reactions: RUSK97
Kratch use to cover HS wrestling. And other sports. Seemed like an ok guy.
Nice bump for him.

James Kratch, i already see a nickname is there is unfair com coverage
Jim Kro__ch

Hopefully he'll work his way into the job better than DB Duggan did. Jevon Tyree anyone?

not going to say Kratch will be unbiased or not, but bet editor will slant his column a little ant-Rutgers no matter what he writes .
As for Dunleavy love, seem to remember a time or two he didn't deserve any.
But that could be my anti-Star Liar bias showing .
Don't trust Advanced Publications to be supportive of RU FB unless forced to.

I remember too many times they tried to turn the NJ public against RU FB by misinformation about what was happening.
It was so bad that Rutgers fans had to take out a newspaper ad to refute the misinformation the Ledger was putting out.
I think that that ad was put in a section hardly read , in which those paying for ad didn't expect it to be placed when they paid for ad.
Praise that rag and it's employees all you want, but until they prove fair and balanced ( in my opinion) don't expect me to agree .

Reactions: koleszar
not going to say Kratch will be unbiased or not, but bet editor will slant his column a little ant-Rutgers no matter what he writes .

I think Kratch deserves a clean slate. The editors, and for that matter headline writers, are another story.

Reactions: gringo
James is a Gamecock alum, so he's used to SEC football. My point? I don't have one... just that he's a Gamecock alum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They get other perks that most professions don't. For example, they get to walk around with their press cards in the hatbands of their fedoras and get to be called, "Scoop."
And let's not forget the fun of tipping over banks of telephone booths!

Reactions: BoroKnight
And let's not forget the fun of tipping over banks of telephone booths!
Ahhh, true. It's too bad that we don't have telephone booths anymore. To make up for it, Ash should only grant access if they agree to begin all Twitter posts with, "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!"

Ahhh, true. It's too bad that we don't have telephone booths anymore. To make up for it, Ash should only grant access if they agree to begin all Twitter posts with, "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!"
And none of this fancy, schmancy word processing nonsense: manual typewriters all the way!

Jim is a very good journalist with a solid background. I've read a few of his articles in the past when he covered high school sports and the Giants. He comes across as fair an honest in his reporting.
Welcome aboard James.

To be fair though, haven't the NJ.com writers been pretty fair to us lately? I don't remember a single article this past two years that I felt was too off base. I know Politi tried to make the swim coach "scandal" a thing, but aside from that even he's been relatively reasonable.

The only thread on here that I want to read about the Star Liar/NJ.com would be entitled "OUT OF BUSINESS"

Agree with kyk.

Dunleavy was a good reporter for the Rutgers beat. Rutgers alum. Worked for the Targum.

Adhiti is still tops on my Rutgers beat reporter all time list, but Dunleavy was better than anyone else the Ledger had covering us.

Reactions: shields
Beyond dumb and short-sighted unless you want less government accountability.
It seems the only “government accountability” is for Rutgers. This is the most corrupt state and these rags just look the other way.

ADVERTISEMENT