ADVERTISEMENT

New Nursing & Chemistry Building--Almost Complete

CamdenLaw,
Is the city progressing in demolishing the 700 buildings across the city ? Any date on when that will be finished ?

Is this in the general vicinity of the Rutgers Camden baseball stadium and new 76ers offices and practice facility ?

No, I don't think the demolitions are focused in the vicinity of Campbell's Field or other places on the water front. Campbell's field, like the campus itself, borders on the Cooper-Grant neighborhood, which seems pretty stable (although there are lot of vacant lots.) I suspect that the majority of the demolitions are slated for North Camden, East Camden and South Camden except for one or two enclaves. All of these areas are separated from Rutgers-Camden by downtown Camden or by highways.

CamdenLaw,
I was typing too fast--I meant the new nursing building location. One other thing, is the TOTAL enrollment up at the law school since the merger ? Are the undergrad students responding positively to a unified law school ?

I know there is some demolition going on near Cooper Hospital -- at Norcross's behest -- that area is a few blocks from the nursing building. The area around the building is not residential, so I don't expect demolitions around it.

I am not sure about total law school enrollment. I think ours is down. In the long run, the two schools want to diminish their joint enrollment as a way of increasing LSAT scores in a time when law school applications continue to lag.

I don't know how admissions are going, but I do know that we didn't exactly hit the ground running in advertising the new merged school to potential students. In other words, there are a lot of bumps in the transition.

The joint Rutgers Rowan Science building across from the transport center will be going up where the fences are. With parking it will be a full block.

I assume this is going to be open for the Fall semester--looks like construction is moving along.

If this webcam isn't focused on the their locker/changing room then what's the point? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know that the Rutgers Nursing School is scheduling classes there for the Fall; that's why two law school classrooms have been freed up.

ADVERTISEMENT