ADVERTISEMENT

New projects in the works for New Brunswick

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reactions: ruready07
Edgewood has been trying to get a project going on that Rt. 1 site for years. Interesting to see that they actually have something finally moving forward.

Edgewood has been trying to get a project going on that Rt. 1 site for years. Interesting to see that they actually have something finally moving forward.
I know that the rear parking area behind the theater was cordoned off a few years ago because there were serious crack in the asphalt, suggesting that there was serious instability in the infill and possibly the retaining wall holding used to support the land that the theater is built on. ...or maybe just politics

I know that the rear parking area behind the theater was cordoned off a few years ago because there were serious crack in the asphalt, suggesting that there was serious instability in the infill and possibly the retaining wall holding used to support the land that the theater is built on. ...or maybe just politics

You're right, I do now recall there were some serious subsurface soil stability issues. I would hope this has since been rectified in order to allow any redevelopment to proceed. And, as the article notes, there's the oddity of having an elevated gravesite essentially co-located there.

ADVERTISEMENT