ADVERTISEMENT

New RAC Court Paint Job ( Video )

I know how much equity is now in the Block R but I would like to see the Knight Head Center Court.....just my 2 cents

This video freaked me out. It is cool and all, but I was left wondering what the people were doing, and what was the point of watching the video.

I'd like to see the Olde Queens "Q 1766" logo at mid-court in celebration of our 250th.

Reactions: soundcrib
I know how much equity is now in the Block R but I would like to see the Knight Head Center Court.....just my 2 cents
goonies2.jpg

New HC and infusion to the roster, the court looks normal again, just need to get the student section to be ONLY students again and get those 5 rows of bleachers currently not used, used, and have the kids sitting immediately behind the cheer/dance teams instead of press or whatever there. Need to get that old "RAC" feel back again. Granted, wins, et al, will help as well!

New HC and infusion to the roster, the court looks normal again, just need to get the student section to be ONLY students again and get those 5 rows of bleachers currently not used, used, and have the kids sitting immediately behind the cheer/dance teams instead of press or whatever there. Need to get that old "RAC" feel back again. Granted, wins, et al, will help as well!

If we start winning, students will show up. There is a willingness to show up for Basketball, just not a willingness to show up for...whatever last year was supposed to be.
We are actually directly behind the cheer/dance teams.Press doesn't sit between the student section and the spirit squads.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Now lets see one for the paint job on the OUTSIDE.

And I don't think this is finished product for the court. ;)

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
If we start winning, students will show up. There is a willingness to show up for Basketball, just not a willingness to show up for...whatever last year was supposed to be.
We are actually directly behind the cheer/dance teams.Press doesn't sit between the student section and the spirit squads.

I know where the students sit, thanks, was one myself for a time lol... The big issue many of us have is that you used to be - LITERALLY - "right behind" the cheer and dance teams. You used to have sections 115 and 116 as well. Anyway, until a few years ago, there weren't 10 rows of seats folded up, there wasn't a gap with stupid ropes, none of that, so the students were closer to the end line hence my point.

...btw I could have sworn there was press sitting over there the one game I was at last year, in front of 110, no? They don't sit on the sideline in front of 101-106 anymore, nor do they sit in the press areas up in the 200's that are now "box" seats, IIRC. Am I totally off my rocker?

I know where the students sit, thanks, was one myself for a time lol... The big issue many of us have is that you used to be - LITERALLY - "right behind" the cheer and dance teams. You used to have sections 115 and 116 as well. Anyway, until a few years ago, there weren't 10 rows of seats folded up, there wasn't a gap with stupid ropes, none of that, so the students were closer to the end line hence my point.

...btw I could have sworn there was press sitting over there the one game I was at last year, in front of 110, no? They don't sit on the sideline in front of 101-106 anymore, nor do they sit in the press areas up in the 200's that are now "box" seats, IIRC. Am I totally off my rocker?
They moved the press to above Section 118 on the concourse near the handicapped section. Don't recall any press in front of 110. They have a small press-type table there all the time but it's usually some miscellaneous dignitaries or something. The student section was "moved back" many, many years before Julie and Eddie as they made more room for people to walk, more room for the 50 or so dance/cheer team members and whatnot. Probably also for crowd control security purposes to help limit rushing the court, student protests, etc.

That section of bleachers was replaced while BM was still the AD. I used to sit right down near it cross court visitor's side. Always pointed out how un-safe the side railings were for small kids up top there and remember when they replaced it.

But I completely agree that what they have now takes our students out of the game. Hopefully this is a fix for the future too.

That section of bleachers was replaced while BM was still the AD. I used to sit right down near it cross court visitor's side. Always pointed out how un-safe the side railings were for small kids up top there and remember when they replaced it.

But I completely agree that what they have now takes our students out of the game. Hopefully this is a fix for the future too.
Absolutely does NOT take students out of the game. There are never any students at the games and when they do they sit on their hands and wait for something to happen. For the last, oh, 10 years we have not had any amount of students with any sense of what student sections across the country are like. First thing you need is a consistent base of fairly knowledgeable / passionate fans that are there every game. 5-10 diehards doesn't cut it. With the size and acoustics of the RAC the student section as it is could be a huge advantage but if they don't come you can't stop them.

Absolutely does NOT take students out of the game. There are never any students at the games and when they do they sit on their hands and wait for something to happen. For the last, oh, 10 years we have not had any amount of students with any sense of what student sections across the country are like. First thing you need is a consistent base of fairly knowledgeable / passionate fans that are there every game. 5-10 diehards doesn't cut it. With the size and acoustics of the RAC the student section as it is could be a huge advantage but if they don't come you can't stop them.

Hey, I don't disagree with this part. But even when they are there having them set so far back does take the effect down. Shooting at the rim foul shots with them set up and away vs. right behind your line of sight does have impact. That's more what I am talking about.

I agree. Rutgers people somehow THINK we are synonomous with the block R, but outside NJ people have NO clue what that is. Here in Florida I have had many people comment they too went to the Univ of Richmond when I had a block R on my van.

I agree. Rutgers people somehow THINK we are synonomous with the block R, but outside NJ people have NO clue what that is. Here in Florida I have had many people comment they too went to the Univ of Richmond when I had a block R on my van.
Do they say that about the big red Cornell C too?

I just think it helps tie in the Knight part of our secondary logo. I think we have the Rutgers part covered on the end court but I see other schools effectively make use of them. As example whenever I see that dreaded blue lion's paw I know who that is... and I just think it adds some color/creativity to the court.

Some just my opinion. It is what it is. And I care 1000x more about the play on the court than the logo.

That's not my experience at all. Sounds like you're running into a bunch of dumb Richmond grads.

Gotta say I agree with ColonelRutgers too when I first read this.
That's not my experience at all. Sounds like you're running into a bunch of dumb Richmond grads.
But then I found this on the internet...

th

I don't get confused by the block R. But I do find all the M's in the Big Ten confusing
74354442012.gif
75075012012.gif
r8cdw98hpgz0sevha7ejthble.gif

I guess that's why Michigan State doesn't use this
91xsfe9nvvedeghyqi4sx161k.gif

Of course, it doesn't really make sense that they use the Syracuse logo
75115971983.gif
lhf2fxwjfmysj71nzmqw.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT