ADVERTISEMENT

New RHoops & Trapezoid of Terror T-Shirts / Hoodies available!!

I’m going to be “that guy.”

We actually have a brand that works. The RAC is great and becoming more recognizable by the day. It’s perfect. This Trapezoid of Terror is gimmicky and self deprecating.

I don’t like it at all.

My 47 year old ass will step off my soap box now.

Agree on Trapezoid of Terror as cheesy. Would prefer "The Trap" as a nickname if anything. But not gonna call it something besides the RAC anyway
I've always thought the RAC was a good name and have always taken it as a double meaning as torture chamber (the rack) for opponents.

But if you're hung up on the trapezoid...the trap sounds better IMO like you said.

Nothing is or will be better than "The RAC." It's perfect.

This entity is also making a knockoff of Rothstein's quote t-shirts, which may in fact not be strictly legal.

Agree on Trapezoid of Terror as cheesy. Would prefer "The Trap" as a nickname if anything. But not gonna call it something besides the RAC anyway
I don't think anyone is expecting the building to be called the Trapezoid of Terror. The building is called the RAC, and will always be called the RAC (even if they come up with a different official name)

But "Trapezoid of Terror" is a good description of the building, because it is an alliterative reference to the building architecture and effect on visiting teams.

It is appropriate to describe the RAC as the Trapezoid of Terror. It wouldn't be appropriate to use them as alternative names of the building. Sort of the same way that "the city that never sleeps" is a known description of New York, but no one uses it as a nickname for New York, as they do with "The Big Apple" or "Gotham".

Remember when they named it the Louis Brown Athletic Center? Everyone still called it the RAC. It's the RAC. Always is, always will be.

I don't think anyone is expecting the building to be called the Trapezoid of Terror. The building is called the RAC, and will always be called the RAC (even if they come up with a different official name)

But "Trapezoid of Terror" is a good description of the building, because it is an alliterative reference to the building architecture and effect on visiting teams.

It is appropriate to describe the RAC as the Trapezoid of Terror. It wouldn't be appropriate to use them as alternative names of the building. Sort of the same way that "the city that never sleeps" is a known description of New York, but no one uses it as a nickname for New York, as they do with "The Big Apple" or "Gotham".

Couldn't have said it better myself. Nobody is suggesting that Trapezoid of Terror replace "The RAC" as the arena's nickname.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I'm really just opposed to corny unlicensed merchandise. I'd rather buy stuff that supports the school, and not some random company. But thats just me.

Is the other one a reference to the TV show friends??
Pike-eee???

These are Seaside Heights boardwalk level cringe.

It has a very Castle Greyskull, Saturday morning bad guy cartoon lair ring to it.

Awful. I wish I had the money to buy up all those shirts and light them on fire in front of the .... RAC.

Listen guys I get that it will always be the RAC, but with the Trapezoid of Terror name trending, we figured we would make a design available for people / fans / etc to purchase that is all.

Reactions: Randal7
I’m going to be “that guy.”

We actually have a brand that works. The RAC is great and becoming more recognizable by the day. It’s perfect. This Trapezoid of Terror is gimmicky and self deprecating.

I don’t like it at all.

My 47 year old ass will step off my soap box now.
Agree. 3rd grade-ish

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Supposed to be a basketball, but we can get that fixed up. Trust me shirts are just as comfortable as licensed gear if not better.
I'm sure they're more comfortable than a lot of licensed products. I just wish you went through the licensing process, so Rutgers gets its fair share, even if it means raising the price a couple of bucks.

I get that the licensing process can be onerous for a small shop selling a few dozen t-shirts (especially the product liability insurance requirement -- assuming that DesignTree doesn't have that insurance on your behalf). But maybe you can offer the design to a local vendor that already has gone through the licensing process so they can produce officially licensed versions of the shirts.

ADVERTISEMENT