ADVERTISEMENT

New Roster

bsh75

Sophomore
Dec 6, 2006
The new roster is posted on sk.com. As someone pointed out on TOS, Van Brill and Glasgow are not on the roster. If this is so, there are now 3 weight classes with possibly 1 wrestler on the roster. Any info?

The new roster is posted on sk.com. As someone pointed out on TOS, Van Brill and Glasgow are not on the roster. If this is so, there are now 3 weight classes with possibly 1 wrestler on the roster. Any info?
People will probably speculate some wild stuff with Glasgow but safe to assume MVB is taking a gap year since he doesn’t have a redshirt available.

As far as the one wrestler per weight class concern, I don’t think it’s a big deal. One of Shawver/Messina will probably be the backup at 125 and there’s plenty of guys at 149 so I expect one of them to bump up to 157. Angelo’s size would make him the favorite which opens up a more clear path for Vulakh at 149. No clue what the plan is at 184 besides Poz.

Kanniard back to 157. Can he make weight? Glasgow's absence doesn't surprise me (see earlier discussion). Lightner went missing from the roster recently without mention (that I remember). Still four bodies over the limit.

People will probably speculate some wild stuff with Glasgow but safe to assume MVB is taking a gap year since he doesn’t have a redshirt available.

As far as the one wrestler per weight class concern, I don’t think it’s a big deal. One of Shawver/Messina will probably be the backup at 125 and there’s plenty of guys at 149 so I expect one of them to bump up to 157. Angelo’s size would make him the favorite which opens up a more clear path for Vulakh at 149. No clue what the plan is at 184 besides Poz.

Van Brill cannot take a Gap year. He has this year to compete and that is it. Once you start the D-1 clock you cannot stop it.
Wrestling will not start until after the new year, my guess is he is only taking a couple classes(so he cannot be on the roster as a part time student) and then will enroll full time for the second semester and compete.

Van Brill cannot take a Gap year. He has this year to compete and that is it. Once you start the D-1 clock you cannot stop it.
Wrestling will not start until after the new year, my guess is he is only taking a couple classes(so he cannot be on the roster as a part time student) and then will enroll full time for the second semester and compete.
Good call

That really, really sucks. Same weight too...ugh. As others speculated, my guess is the loser of Angelo-Vulakh to 157. Probably Angelo. Doubt Kanniard wants to make that cut.

Not until he gets his academics in order then we will see.

Seriously?? He couldn't cut the mustard during virtual classes???? I'm the last one to ever call out a kid in the program... But c'mon man!!! Easiest time to bump up grades was this past semester!!

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Seriously?? He couldn't cut the mustard during virtual classes???? I'm the last one to ever call out a kid in the program... But c'mon man!!! Easiest time to bump up grades was this past semester!!
Ugh, if he doesn’t want it enough in the classroom hard to see him wanting anything on the mats... :(

If a kid struggles with in person education, you think he’d do better virtually?

If a kid struggles with in person education, you think he’d do better virtually?

Valid point - The kid was failing already it seems before they went virtual. It is harder online than in person. I do not see him making it with what seems to be a "lack of discipline".

Straight up... Obviously not... But from what I've seen and heard overall throughout the country... A heck of a lot of GPA's went up from March onwards... If ya know what I mean

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT