ADVERTISEMENT

New Suriano Video by Flo

There is a chance for four meetings between the two. Duals in Florida, dual at Iowa, B1G and NCAA. I want at least one meeting before the big show. I think you give Cody Sanderson a shot at helping Nick make adjustments, and he'll have a pretty good shot on Saturday night.
I think a 2nd match benefits Suriano as well. Last time we saw him, he lost his first matches against Fix, Micic and Desanto. He won the rematch all 3 times.

I always found it ironic that he lost to Fix on an officials bad ruling and then beat Fix on an officials bad ruling.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't want to Suriano win. Nick Suriano didn't win an NCAA championship for the team he won it for himself. Like every other wrestler would have... but that's all he cares about. This is the third college he has jumped to. At least Spencer Lee stayed loyal to Iowa. You got to give him that much. Everytime something doesn't go Nicky Knuckleheads way, his foul mouthed, chooch father throws a fit and makes him leave.Fu*k those two and the horse they rode in on. If he wants to wrestle for Sling Blade Sanderson again, be my guest
I can’t say I harbor ridiculous ill will towards Nick like this idiot does ..we know what he is and what his dad has always been ..we still accepted him here with open arms when he turned his back on PSU and he won RU it’s first national title and if I’m correct we all relished in it ..we knew what he was ..we knew what his dad was and we accepted it anyway ..now he is going back ..did I want him here ..hell yeah ..the Humphrey deal probably hurt us for some reason and he made himself a free agent ..we lost and he went back ..enough said ..will I root for him to win the Natl title ..probably ..he is a jersey kid so tho I wish he were here ..he isn’t ...but I wish him the best ..maybe it’s for the best he didn’t come back ..who knows .

Last edited:
I can’t say I harbor ridiculous ill will towards Nick like this idiot does ..we know what he is and what his dad has always been ..we still accepted him here with open arms when he turned his back on PSU and he won RU it’s first national title and if I’m correct we all relished in it ..we knew what he was ..we knew what his dad was and we accepted it anyway ..now he is going back ..did I want him here ..hell yeah ..the Humphrey deal probably hurt us for some reason and he made himself a free agent ..we lost and he went back ..enough said ..will I root for him to win the Natl title ..probably ..he is a jersey kid so tho I wish he were here ..he isn’t ...but I wish him the best ..maybe it’s for the best he didn’t come back ..who knows .
If given the choice, I’ll take 4-5 years of Dean Peterson over one last year with Nick.

It's
I’ll continue to root for NS in freestyle, but I don’t want to see him win a national championship in a PSU uniform. I’ve always been a fan of Spencer Lee among non RU anyway.
It's hard to not like Spencer. The kid is a phenom. I've always liked how he talked about his teammates and the program. He's got the individual accolades but the team aspect is big for him. He's also articulate in interviews un-like Nick.

It seemed as though once Nick wasn't going to be a 4 timer he sort of lost interest after winning the first one. It'll be interesting to see how he develops at PSU. He's definitely been around more wrestling heads and is more mature now. Though, I just don't see him meshing well with the team. It's probably going to be super awkward in the room. He's no more special than any kid in that room and gets all the hype for being a "warrior." That said, I'm still a fan and will root for him (just an honest take).

Another note: I don't think it's a guarantee that he makes the finals at 125. I hate to say this (cause I think he's a douche) but I see Pat Glory being a tough match for Nick. Pat is very funky and I think that style gives Nick problems. Hell, even Vito if he's at 125.

Agree Jersey. Peterson has that same mentality that “ I can beat anybody”

So when does he get the clippers out! Reminds me of my boy Brian Brady when he came on campus looking like a 90’s pop star.
It's

It's hard to not like Spencer. The kid is a phenom. I've always liked how he talked about his teammates and the program. He's got the individual accolades but the team aspect is big for him. He's also articulate in interviews un-like Nick.

It seemed as though once Nick wasn't going to be a 4 timer he sort of lost interest after winning the first one. It'll be interesting to see how he develops at PSU. He's definitely been around more wrestling heads and is more mature now. Though, I just don't see him meshing well with the team. It's probably going to be super awkward in the room. He's no more special than any kid in that room and gets all the hype for being a "warrior." That said, I'm still a fan and will root for him (just an honest take).

Another note: I don't think it's a guarantee that he makes the finals at 125. I hate to say this (cause I think he's a douche) but I see Pat Glory being a tough match for Nick. Pat is very funky and I think that style gives Nick problems. Hell, even Vito if he's at 125.
Interesting thing about Spencer… despite how dominate and phenomenal he is, the field last year just wasn’t that impressive. What made last year for him was winning a chip with yet another torn ACL, yet I still throw a very very minor * with Glory and Vito out. Now I think he takes both out but this season the field is going to be a lot stronger with Nick and Glory (assuming Vito 133) and a lot more fun to watch. If he can win the title by taking those guys out, that puts a nice stamp on his career. Dake wining #4 taking out Taylor really capped off his career nicely. Spencer vs Suriano brings both their careers full circle. I couldn’t think of a better ending to both wrestlers careers. You have to make that the last match of NCAA IF it comes to fruition.

If given the choice, I’ll take 4-5 years of Dean Peterson over one last year with Nick.
This would really depend on if Peterson ends up being a AA/title contending wrestling career.. rn it’s hard to argue against even just a single title run.

Okay stupid stop trying to play your high-handed, supportive role of the program. More people agree with me the way Suriano is. Shouldn't you be polishing your face up to shove up the Vanbrills culos?

Okay stupid stop trying to play your high-handed, supportive role of the program. More people agree with me the way Suriano is. Shouldn't you be polishing your face up to shove up the Vanbrills culos?
I stand by my statement ..especially the part about you being an idiot ...you hate NS and his dad ..that’s your issue not mine ...along with all your other issues .....the kid chose to leave just like he chose to come here ..I’m not gonna hate on him or any kid for that matter like you do so now go back to your trailer and finish your bottle ..

I stand by my statement ..especially the part about you being an idiot ...you hate NS and his dad ..that’s your issue not mine ...along with all your other issues .....the kid chose to leave just like he chose to come here ..I’m not gonna hate on him or any kid for that matter like you do so now go back to your trailer and finish your bottle ..
Dude you crack me up.You're the most insulting bag of shit out there, yet you don't want to hate on Nick Suriano?. Also I don't hate Nick Suriano or his father, I just think he's a disrespectful, disloyal headcase. Oh and yes I am having a bottle but it's a very good bottle of wine.

Now boys let’s relax. We will see what Nick does this year which will be interesting. What issue I have with the Surianos is their lack of communication with the RU staff regarding their intentions for the 2030-21 season which I feel was disrespectful and unnecessary.

Why are you guys arguing over NS and his father. Neither of them are here anymore. Let's move on.
Let's talk about the match ups for Nov. 7 Quad.
184 Poz vs Deprez
125 Shawver vs Roes
141 Ryan Anderson vs ?
174 Turley vs Nolan

Why are you guys arguing over NS and his father. Neither of them are here anymore. Let's move on.
184 Poz vs Deprez
125 Shawver vs Roes
141 Ryan Anderson vs ?
174 Turley vs Nolan
141 Anderson vs Seabass
165 Cassella vs Clark
Hwt Doyle vs Boone

Cleveland St
125 Heil vs Shawver
149 Robinson vs VanBrill
165 Smucker vs Clark
184 Nassar vs Poz
197 Smith vs Bulsak

Reactions: FoxRU
184 Poz vs Deprez
125 Shawver vs Roes
141 Ryan Anderson vs ?
174 Turley vs Nolan
Cleveland State had NCAA qualifiers at 184 and 197 (will be good to see Bulsak get a solid opponent). Plus they have several good, young guys at 125 including Logan Heil who upset Shawver in the Ohio State Semis a few years back. Then Binghamton has as you mentioned NCAA qualifiers at 125 (Roes), 174 (Nolan) and AA Deprez at 184. Ryan Anderson is trying to go 141 I believe and they have Alex Strashinsky on the roster at 149. Lots of potentially interesting

It's

Not sure if you have followed Gilman at all, but when he came to the NLWC, he had a very Suriano-like attitude. He bought into the program, and to listen to him now, he is a dramatically different person. If Nick can make that kind of a transformation, watch out. Not only for this year, but for the remainder of his career and life. And, if he is coming to PSU, he'll be working out with Gilman for a few months. Who better to teach him than a guy that lived it.

Dude you crack me up.You're the most insulting bag of shit out there, yet you don't want to hate on Nick Suriano?. Also I don't hate Nick Suriano or his father, I just think he's a disrespectful, disloyal headcase. Oh and yes I am having a bottle but it's a very good bottle of wine.
Boone’s Farm or Ripple ...don’t forget your brown bag !

First, I once suggested that there be a separate thread for children to call each other names.

There are some interesting projections here. As was asked by njsports... Why Esposito over Boone? Did Boone show up out of shape again?

Seabass at U23? How does that take priority over his commitment to the team?

Shawver... Has the Peterson question been answered? Redshirt or can't beat Shawver?

Any wrestlers nursing injuries?

Why are we talking about upcoming matches and weights/starters for this season in a Suriano thread? People should start new threads on these topics or a new thread on the 2021-22 season instead of burying it in here, especially with all of the nonsense in this thread.

First, I once suggested that there be a separate thread for children to call each other names.

There are some interesting projections here. As was asked by njsports... Why Esposito over Boone? Did Boone show up out of shape again?

Seabass at U23? How does that take priority over his commitment to the team?

Shawver... Has the Peterson question been answered? Redshirt or can't beat Shawver?

Any wrestlers nursing injuries?

Rivera at U-23-if you want to continue to recruit the "blue chips" you need to let them pursue, Olympic, World events. He will miss the first Quad of the season...

Shawver/Peterson- Dean was pretty clear in his interview(Intermat) that he wanted to Redshirt. Said wanted to get a year in the room and open competitions under his belt. If he is killing it in opens and beating Shawver in the room, I am sure the coaches will have a discussion about coming out of redshirt.

And yes the back and forth between those two is brutal....

Why are we talking about upcoming matches and weights/starters for this season in a Suriano thread? People should start new threads on these topics or a new thread on the 2021-22 season instead of burying it in here, especially with all of the nonsense in this thread.
I think people still don't realize that you guys have an entire wrestling board now, and are still stuck in the days when you had a wrestling thread.

Reactions: rags and Leonard23
I like Spencer Lee. He has always sounded classy in interviews. I hate rooting for anyone on Iowa's team, but i root for him except when he wrestles RU. I will root for Nicky pushups against any other team. For me, he is always a member of the RU Team.

I just want a FULL wrestling season to enjoy this year.

There is a chance for four meetings between the two. Duals in Florida, dual at Iowa, B1G and NCAA. I want at least one meeting before the big show. I think you give Cody Sanderson a shot at helping Nick make adjustments, and he'll have a pretty good shot on Saturday night.
It would be nice if one year Iowa came to State College. Two years in a row there.
About 7 years ago, as I recall, Cael agreed to a nonscheduled dual with Iowa there, with the idea that they would come to PSU. They never did.

I know it’s a big 10 scheduling thing but Penn State never seems to come to Rutgers
They were scheduled to wrestle us at msg in Jan/feb 2021 before covid wrecked schedules. Yes it would have been a “home” match for us. Big ten Super Saturday. MBB would have been vs MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT