ADVERTISEMENT

New uniforms released Monday 8/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I got it wrong. My buddy leaked an early image, sorry to spoil it early for you guys. Anyway, I love them!!!!! Image:

20200802-133434.jpg

Reactions: Knight Shift
I think the chrome helmet phase should be left in the past like cargo shorts.

New uniforms? Damm... the 05, 06, 11 unis are good unis to choose from

Anything besides a red helmet with a Block R will be massive complaints. These “brand artists” today that work for these marketing firms, Nike and Adidas, and the athletics marketing department wouldn’t know a “brand” if you hit them in the face with it. The most ironic job ever, “re-branding” .. isn’t that a bit of an oxymoron. Just expect some “new, fresh” BS that is unrecognizable from anything that reminds you of Rutgers university.

Reactions: CERU00
Anything besides a red helmet with a Block R will be massive complaints. These “brand artists” today that work for these marketing firms, Nike and Adidas, and the athletics marketing department wouldn’t know a “brand” if you hit them in the face with it. The most ironic job ever, “re-branding” .. isn’t that a bit of an oxymoron. Just expect some “new, fresh” BS that is unrecognizable from anything that reminds you of Rutgers university.
+1

The video they put out for the previous version was unintentionally hilarious. After watching it I thought to myself...do these people know anything about football or even their client, Rutgers?

I think it's back to something like our first adidas jerseys just with the new Primeknit. Maybe some tweaks. It won't quite be the classic Nike ones but it'll be close.

864731852.jpg.0.0.jpg
Other than a change of font to the 2008 unis, looks good to me. This is as the classic Rutgers brand as you can get.

And everyone still on Nike's jock eventhough they treated Rutgers like crap the first time around. Hasnt Adidas been good to Rutgers?

Agree slight tweaks. Probably get rid of the "Rollerball" style number font and return to more block style numbers. As for shoulder stripe, I can take or leave. Hopefully not too much more drastic changes than that.

Agree slight tweaks. Probably get rid of the "Rollerball" style number font and return to more block style numbers. As for shoulder stripe, I can take or leave. Hopefully not too much more drastic changes than that.
The entire athletics department uses that # font, which was created for us by Nike and for some reason we took it to Adidas. I'd be shocked if we changed that to a standard block # with the $ issues we have, but would love it.

Glad I scrolled down.. was just going to post a mask... as in.. they won' t need football unis. (I go back and forth on that).

My actual prediciton.. simple, readable, classic.. like 2006

And maybe a "woke" Black Uni.. why not? BLM patches... for the saying.. NOT the organization... ooh.. better yet.. Chop4Change patches

Last edited:
Other than a change of font to the 2008 unis, looks good to me. This is as the classic Rutgers brand as you can get.

And everyone still on Nike's jock eventhough they treated Rutgers like crap the first time around. Hasnt Adidas been good to Rutgers?
Hate the Chicago Bears round number font almost as much as this one now.

If the only thing I get is a block numbers I could live with you that.

Reactions: tico brown
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT