New updates on non-conference schedule

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
Enough of this BS with giving the conference but not naming the school:

North Texas is 11/23
Morgan State is 12/3

Niagara, Hartford and Drexel are on dates TBD. Didn't check what they have coming back but all five were varying degrees of terrible last year so should be good opportunities to pick up wins.

We knew about Fordham at MSG, at Stony Brook and obviously Miami, DePaul and Seton Hall.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Like u said, all winnable games... Non conference schedule is winnable, Miami and SHU toughest tests

So we have

d2 ( prob the opener)
FDU (assuming this is NEC opponent)
At Miami
Morgan State
At DePaul
Drexel
Hartford
at Stony Brook
Niagra
At SHU
North Texas
Fordham MSG

Have to get to 9-3 in Non Conference this year, 5 B1G wins and season one is a success

Enough of this BS with giving the conference but not naming the school:

North Texas is 11/23
Morgan State is 12/3

Niagara, Hartford and Drexel are on dates TBD. Didn't check what they have coming back but all five were varying degrees of terrible last year so should be good opportunities to pick up wins.

We knew about Fordham at MSG, at Stony Brook and obviously Miami, DePaul and Seton Hall.

Shill - Where did you get the excel schedule above from with all of the schedules? Is it from a website?

2015-2016 season-ending Sagarin ratings of this year's OOC opponents ...
14 Miami
34 Seton Hall
98 Stony Brook
150 Fordham
169 DePaul
242 Drexel
267 Rutgers
283 North Texas
299 Niagara
303 Morgan State
313 Hartford

Call it BS if you want...but the information I received on the schedule was/is not final, and was not released to the public by RU for reasons only they can explain.

I'm not sure what the original poster has against this notion...it's been that way for years, and won't change soon. I suggest he ignore my content...it's a very freeing experience!

Reactions: Local Shill
I never understood the secrecy of scheduling information. They treat it like classified military info
Because these things are subject to change -- and change quickly. Sometimes programs are working multiple schools for one date, trying to get the best game. Plus when you have a coaching change a new coach may try to replace an opponent or two.

For example, several months ago (before the coaching change) I was told that Rutgers would play at South Florida. It does not appear that game will happen now.

Scheduling makes for great speculation but nothing is official until the paperwork is signed on both ends.

According to this article, "Dunk City" (FGCU) in Fort Myers, FL is still looking for games. Would make for an interesting opponent and give FGCU's NJ-native coach Joe Dooley another chance to return to NJ, maybe on the same trip north to play Atlantic Sun Conference opponent NJIT. If the match-up was played at Fort Myers, Rutgers has plenty of fans there, including a long-time Rutgers AD. And to top it off, AD Hobbs knows Dooley well!

http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/co...as-tournament-366f142f-050a-65-385217551.html

Reactions: Local Shill
In my opinion, any OOC games added to schedule should benefit RU MBB and if playing Rutgers helps the opponent in anyway fine, but Rutgers and it's fan-base should want the main benefit to be in Rutgers favor, be it just a win, national exposure or recruiting players .

FGCU plays an entertaining style, they would not overwhelm Rutgers from an opponent standpoint, beating them is meaningful, the state of FL is worth recruiting, and there are plenty of Rutgers fans in southwest FL if the game is played in Fort Myers.

Reactions: dollarbill
FGCU really hasn't been "Dunk City" since Andy Enfield left.

They still use the brand but FGCU's playing style under Joe Dooley is different.

CnKHzq_XgAATNZo.jpg
Wonder if this item will be for sale at the RAC that night?

In my opinion, any OOC games added to schedule should benefit RU MBB and if playing Rutgers helps the opponent in anyway fine, but Rutgers and it's fan-base should want the main benefit to be in Rutgers favor, be it just a win, * national exposure or recruiting players .
Agree.

Starting with the games being at the RAC.

* I'm assuming Miami and DePaul are because of a B1G/Big East/ACC thing?

Miss Princeton. Good practice for NCAA's when every possession matters. Shame not on schedule.

Reactions: JoeRU
I'd love to see the Tigers back on the schedule when RU becomes a program regularly in contention for a NCAA berth. Until then, I can live without them.
In the meantime I'd like to see us play all the D1 schools in NJ at the RAC with the exception of SHU since that should be a home and home. And maybe the same for Princeton.

I'd even be cool with going to Camden or Newark like Wisky does with their other campuses.

Today is August 1 so hopefully we will know the complete (OOC & Big) schedule in about 3-4 weeks.

It is August 22 and we are still waiting on the official release of both our OOC and BIG schedules. Last year it was reported that our OOC was officially released on 8-21-15 and the BIG was released on 8-27-15 so I would assume we should hear something soon. I have seen 9 official dates for OOC games released by other schools but I am concerned as DePaul claims we are playing them on 11/17 in the Gavitt games and Niagara released that they are playing us on 11/18. The DePaul game is in Chicago and the very next day we would be at home with Niagara. I would hope we would fly out of Chicago right after the game so we have no problem. Somehow I think this might be a holdup on our OOC being finalized.

Well I guess the problem playing back to back with DePaul & Niagara has been settled. I see there is a post up now that the BIG will televise our game with Niagara on Sunday Nov 20 at 5PM. Niagara had the game listed for Friday Nov 18. It should not be a problem playing Hartford on Nov 21 as that will be home as well.

ADVERTISEMENT