ADVERTISEMENT

new ushers

RUinHP

Freshman
Jan 22, 2005
So, apparently, RU athletics has contracted with a new company to provide ushering services. At last night's ceremony honoring Cappie (easily the most enjoyable thing about last night's game) one of the new, orange-shirted ushers stood in the way of people sitting the first several rows of section 102 and would not move when asked, saying "You can't make everyone happy." (I don't even know what than means.) This has happened during every halftime this season. When I complained to one of the people whose shirt said "supervisor," he refused to do anything about it and let me know that, as a day job, he works for the NJ State Department of Corrections. So, the RAC has hired prison guards to make sure that we fans stay in line? I spoke to the Athletic Director, who said he would take care of it. But I am very frustrated. Why arrange for halftime events and entertainment if loyal fans and long time season ticket holders can't see because event personnel won't move. OK. Rant complete.

So, apparently, RU athletics has contracted with a new company to provide ushering services. At last night's ceremony honoring Cappie (easily the most enjoyable thing about last night's game) one of the new, orange-shirted ushers stood in the way of people sitting the first several rows of section 102 and would not move when asked, saying "You can't make everyone happy." (I don't even know what than means.) This has happened during every halftime this season. When I complained to one of the people whose shirt said "supervisor," he refused to do anything about it and let me know that, as a day job, he works for the NJ State Department of Corrections. So, the RAC has hired prison guards to make sure that we fans stay in line? I spoke to the Athletic Director, who said he would take care of it. But I am very frustrated. Why arrange for halftime events and entertainment if loyal fans and long time season ticket holders can't see because event personnel won't move. OK. Rant complete.

My seat is on the aisle right where this person was stationed. I also asked him to move so that we could watch the ceremony and, as stated above, he gave us a snide comment.

Shortly before the 2nd half started, a fan dropped a sheet of paper (halftime stat sheet) and it landed on the floor quite near the court. He watched it drop and left it there. The game started and he sat down leaving the paper where it had fallen. I realized that a player or official slipping on it might go flying. At the next clock stoppage I got up, picked it up and said for him to hear, "I guess this isn't part of the job description". He made some sort of comment which I ignored.

Also found it interesting that he stood so close to the court that people walking by walked onto the court to go around him. Some training for these people might be appropriate. I appreciate the fact that this group is new and doesn't know that most of us have been coming to games forever and know where our seats are but there needs to be some customer relations skills for those closest to the floor. My rant over.

Reactions: RUinHP
Customer service should be a high priority in trying to attract and maintain a fan base.Comments cited above are unacceptable and need to be corrected ASP.

Email addresses for people who I am sure will make sure this clown is either gone or assigned to toilet flushing patrol---

Patrick Hobbs (Athletic Director)---ad@scarletknights.com
Sarah Baumgartner (Deputy Director of Athletics)--sbaumgartner@scarletknights.com
Geoff Brown (Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief Marketing Officer)--gbrown@scarletknights.com
Matthew Colagiovanni (Senior Associate Athletic Director Facilities,Events, and Operations)--mcola@scarletknights.com

This is ridiculous. So they hire "tough dudes" like Mr. Corrections man who need a lesson in basic manners. Sounds like they are wannabe Secret Service agents..

I'm sure some are nice considerate people.

I also don't like that they are taking jobs away from people who could use a few more bucks. Guarantee the new dudes are a lot more expensive than the ushers we got to know over the years.

Email addresses for people who I am sure will make sure this clown is either gone or assigned to toilet flushing patrol---

Sarah Baumgartner (Deputy Director of Athletics)--sbaumgartner@scarletknights.com
Geoff Brown (Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief Marketing Officer)--gbrown@scarletknights.com
Matthew Colagiovanni (Senior Associate Athletic Director Facilities,Events, and Operations)--mcola@scarletknights.com

Thanks [thumb2]

I noticed the Orange dudes while watching on BTN+. Thought they were lost on their way to Syracuse. I mentioned to someone later that the dude front and center would have been right in front of me if I still had the same seats. I think it might have gotten ugly. People should definitely complain.

Bet everyone that contacted RU received nice replies letting them know the issue would be addressed.
Some probably were told it has been taken care of.

I thought this had been resolved, but, during halftime, when I asked the usher standing on the floor between sections 102 and 103 to move so that we could see the acrobat, she refused. I'm not completely clear who or what these ushers are guarding, since all of the people walking past them walk behind them and onto the court.

I thought this had been resolved, but, during halftime, when I asked the usher standing on the floor between sections 102 and 103 to move so that we could see the acrobat, she refused. I'm not completely clear who or what these ushers are guarding, since all of the people walking past them walk behind them and onto the court.
Contact RU and tell the what you said here:
HeavenUniv. provided Email addresses

Sarah B. was sitting courtside the entire game, you should have walked over & told her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT