ADVERTISEMENT

New Years Eve Bowls

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
Of importance…playoffs!
I’m sure this has been discussed at length but I just don’t understand it. I’ve got preparations, I’ve got company, I’ve got places to go, I’ve got kids to drive and pick up, I’ve got errands….what I don’t have is a pair of sweat pants and a hat on with no plans, laying horizontal on my couch and nothing to do…like New Year’s Day or Monday.
Yup….the NFL, Can’t do both.
Monday would have been the day.

Of importance…playoffs!
I’m sure this has been discussed at length but I just don’t understand it. I’ve got preparations, I’ve got company, I’ve got places to go, I’ve got kids to drive and pick up, I’ve got errands….what I don’t have is a pair of sweat pants and a hat on with no plans, laying horizontal on my couch and nothing to do…like New Year’s Day or Monday.
Disagree on Monday. Too many people return to work. Agree it belongs on New Years Day. After this year it won't matter anymore. The NYD bowls as we know it will cease to exist.
They should have been at 1pm and 4pm this year.

The rose bowl has something to do with it . Which won’t be a factor under new system
Plus , have heard them say since it’s a Saturday it’s a traditional day for college football. Not saying I agree with it .
If you’re a true fan of one of the 4 teams or a big fan of the sport , that person will find a way to watch or be there . If rutgers were playing tomorrow, I would be up pumped and I would either be there or watching it. I am sure most would.

The rose bowl has something to do with it . Which won’t be a factor under new system
Plus , have heard them say since it’s a Saturday it’s a traditional day for college football. Not saying I agree with it .
If you’re a true fan of one of the 4 teams or a big fan of the sport , that person will find a way to watch or be there . If rutgers were playing tomorrow, I would be up pumped and I would either be there or watching it. I am sure most would.
Finding a way to keep an eye on both games is not the same for me as the prone position with sweats on Plum.
Plus I can’t switch to the Twilight Zone during time outs with company

Reactions: Knight Shift
Finding a way to keep an eye on both games is not the same for me as the prone position with sweats on Plum.
I agree . Just giving reasons why they play them New Years eve

Of importance…playoffs!
Ratings support you being in the majority. I'm sure they'd prefer NYD over NYE, but I don't think there's much they can do with the NFL occupying Sunday. I'll be on the couch in sweats for both, but clearly most won't be.

Reactions: zappaa
Of importance…playoffs!
Well there's the little matter of the NFL games that would have then had to be played on Saturday. There also is a MNF game this coming week with major implications.

Well there's the little matter of the NFL games that would have then had to be played on Saturday. There also is a MNF game this coming week with major implications.
I acknowledged NFL games in my OP Jersey.
My objections are purely personal, I understand the logistical issues of New Year’s Eve on a Saturday.
Unfortunately for ME…. I won’t have the luxury of enjoying the games in the fashion I’d like…my problem

Reactions: runrutgersrun
My objections are purely personal, I understand the logistical issues of New Year’s Eve on a Saturday.
Unfortunately for ME…. I won’t have the luxury of enjoying the games in the fashion I’d like…my problem
Zap, I think your coming down with something. I suggest, as your doctor, to stay home and isolated in front of a TV until NYD.
I'll send you my bill later. 😉

I aplogize. I overlooked that .

In years past we would be traveling home NYE. Now that our kids are adults, we are staying out in Arizona until Jan. 4. Win win plus we are 2 hours earlier than ET. No parties going on here.

Wins the internet for the day...

I love the games being New Year's Eve. That way I don't have to watch Ryan Secreats, Miley Cyrus or any of those other idiots leading up to the ball drop. the 8 o'clock game should end right around 11:30 or so and lead me right up to the ball drop.

I’m fine with the playoffs on New Years Eve. It’s not usually a big night for us. I’ll open a bottle of wine at about 4pm like I do on most Saturdays. The tv ratings may take a hit. I believe the last time they had the playoffs on a NYE, the tv ratings were poor. However this year it falls on Sat and I think that is the primary reason they will play it then. Everyone prefers NYD but they are not going to go head to head with the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT