ADVERTISEMENT

Next 2 to 3 games

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Will be very interesting to see how this team responds to just being ranked and taking on some stiff competition in the next few games.
Both Purdue and MSU will be tough for sure, but having them at the RAC should really help keep them focused. If they can get through those two games, the away game at Iowa, another tough team, could really be the clincher on this team being legit.

Will be very interesting to see how this team responds to just being ranked and taking on some stiff competition in the next few games.
Both Purdue and MSU will be tough for sure, but having them at the RAC should really help keep them focused. If they can get through those two games, the away game at Iowa, another tough team, could really be the clincher on this team being

legit.

would love to hear you definition of "legit". Apparently they have to win every game.
For me, oldtimer, the legit part will come at the end of regular season.
After the B1G tourney is over and Rutgers receives an NCAA Tourney invite.

Based on last years 20-12 record it could have been said Rutgers is proving itself to be a team that is a legitimate NCAA Tourney team, except for the way the team played towards the end of season , basically destroying their chance to make the Dance card lineup.

If this season winds up different and RU doesn't run into a cold streak and gets a NCAA invite, I'd say this team is legit and the team and coaching staff deserves our full respect.
Winning every game would be nice.

I'll consider this year's team a legit one when they prove capable of winning enough games to play in the Big Dance,no matter if they lost a few on the way to it.

Reactions: RUich
For me, oldtimer, the legit part will come at the end of regular season.
After the B1G tourney is over and Rutgers receives an NCAA Tourney invite.

Based on last years 20-12 record it could have been said Rutgers is proving itself to be a team that is a legitimate NCAA Tourney team, except for the way the team played towards the end of season , basically destroying their chance to make the Dance card lineup.

If this season winds up different and RU doesn't run into a cold streak and gets a NCAA invite, I'd say this team is legit and the team and coaching staff deserves our full respect.
Winning every game would be nice.

I'll consider this year's team a legit one when they prove capable of winning enough games to play in the Big Dance,no matter if they lost a few on the way to it.
last years team was a legit NCAA tourney team that got completely shafted. Complete shame Tyler Scaife didn’t get to go to the Big Dance. Can’t remember which 14 win team got in ahead of us but they lost in a boring ass regular season rematch when a 20 win RU team should have been in and likely would have won that matchup. Selection process is complete bull

Reactions: ScarletDave
We’re #14 and on a 10-game winning streak but if we lose tomorrow night at Iowa people will be claiming same old Rutgers and is CVS past the game since we’re not UConn .... if we win, I’ll be dusting out the trophy case

Reactions: ScarletteK80
ADVERTISEMENT