ADVERTISEMENT

Next Scarlet Spotlight guests cc: @RUJonBrain

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
In response to the request from @RUJonBrain about questions for future guests, our next two scheduled podcast guests are former "Lady Knights" basketball head coach and hall of famer Theresa Grentz and former men's soccer and final four head coach Bob Reasso.

This thread is to solicit questions from board members for those guests. Please list potential questions for us to consider. We will mention board members names if we select their question to ask. Please don't hold it against us if your question doesn't get asked.

Also please use this thread for potential questions only.

Thanks,

Jon

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Hi Jon, thanks for your shows. A question I might have for Coach Grentz would be did she like having the doubleheader’s with the men’s team. I used to always watch both games and it would help with crowds for the Lady Knights. I know RU would lose some money on ticket sales, but people would buy food and Rutgers merchandise between games so that would offset some.By the way, I hope you can get Pat Hobbs on the show on a frequent basis. Would love to have one devoted to any long range plan for hockey at RU.

In response to the request from @RUJonBrain about questions for future guests, our next two scheduled podcast guests are former "Lady Knights" basketball head coach and hall of famer Theresa Grentz and former men's soccer and final four head coach Bob Reasso.

This thread is to solicit questions from board members for those guests. Please list potential questions for us to consider. We will mention board members names if we select their question to ask. Please don't hold it against us if your question doesn't get asked.

Also please use this thread for potential questions only.

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks, Jon!

Actually, I think you combined my username with yours.
Lol

1st thought that came to mind when I saw your next guest, Theresa Grentz - Ask her if she liked being interviewed by Bruce Johnson - lol

We should all learn some great history from Grentz - How she got into coaching, how she became RU’s head coach, and stories about the team and program during her tenure. She obviously had some great players and teams.

Would love to hear her talk about her favorite players and memories from her days coaching at Rutgers.

Maybe what basketball related accomplishments she is most proud of, and what she is up to nowadays.

Looking forward to them both!

Did she speak with her former college teammate Rene Portland about leaving the national player of the year Sue Wicks off the 1988 Olympic Team and, if so, how did that conversation go?

Some ideas

For Bob Reasso:
How was he impacted by politics of local soccer both in recruiting and once players were on the team?

For either or both:
How was their relationship with the AD and administration?
What one or two things did they need to take them to the elite level?
What is their best recruiting story?
Favorite player on their team and why?
Most surprising player?
Favorite moment/game?
Most frustrating or disappointing moment?
What do they think of current state of their particular program?
What one behind door thing can they share that most people don’t know that occurred during their tenure?

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT